26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 27 2015 3:53 pm

Now and again I get someone saying that System Lords looks like a game made 20 years ago. I honestly just don't see it. The most I think I could see improvement is maybe all the child windows that are used in the game could use more fancy borders and such.

I'm reaching out on some insight on this. Every time someone makes a remark like this they don't really explain it in any detail on what they mean. So I have nothing to go by. A picture of another game that they are comparing it to would be nice.

This is my opinion of the interface while trying to stay bi partial lol.
Ships/building graphics are all perfect quality. Really detailed graphics. Goa'uld buildings need updating though. So its graphics are consistent with the other races.

Ships moving on the map. Ships on the map is really just a tracker. Was never meant to be like a RTS where they the model of the ship turns and changes direction.

The interface has perfect quality graphics and has depth of field.
Be nice to have a interface for each race though. I did have a interface guy contact me a while back and he seem to be pretty good designer. I didn't have the money at the time to hire the guy and still don't.

Can't really update the star map any better. There is depth of field their as well. I had a professional graphic artist try to make a better interface and he said what he came up with was so awful looking that it didn't even come close to looking good. This was the same guy who made the ship models/buildings for the game.

Final thoughts on this. I'm sure some people make comments on graphics due to no moving action graphics in the game. That's not really what System Lords is though. Its closer to a digital board game. Either way this is still a concerning matter to me. I don't want System Lords to be off putting in visual means. I also know I can't please everyone. I don't think how the game looks at its current state is anywhere near a large percentage of why players don't try the game out. Liked to hear comments from everyone on their thoughts on this. Even if they have no suggestions. I've played several browser base space games I haven't seen a better interface than mine honestly.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Eachigo
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 21
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmmmh... Insolence!
Sep 27 2015 4:15 pm

just wanna say that the only thing i think needs improvement when thinking about ur forum post is that sometimes when u click once in adv tech it give 2 points, graphi wise i have no issues... think there could be some AI scenarios tho for the people that play single mostly

>Cain
  • Jimaster
  • Irregular
  • 6 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 12 2015 7:42 pm

I'm not complaining but I see the point haha
shadowing if you maybe compare the looks of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (C&C 95) with the looks of the more recent Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars (C&C 3), there is a drastic style difference i.e. more modern games generally use sharper edges more vibrant colours and such.
I actually like the look of this game as the original tv series was based in the mid to late 90's and the graphics with that time-frame in my opinion, makes it feel authentic.
Hope this input helps :)

I will add one observation that could be addressed actually, the background (Goa'uld, Ha'tak bridge) could be different when playing as different races