26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 24 2015 11:40 pm

Right now ship travel times is roughly 50 minutes to travel through a sector. Do you guys think it should be more like 30 minutes?

I had some people saying its to slow.

Also people mentioning getting resources is to slow.
I think I should raise the resources on planets. But would only raise them on higher planets like 5's and up or something.

So idk just comment and post some thoughts.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 25 2015 12:08 am

30 mins could be good to travel through a sector. :P

I would also like to suggest what about one of the old ways you did on resources except make it a certain amount PER day rather than Per Cycle and make it base on the planet's Level. :D Just a suggestion

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Sep 25 2015 2:26 am

More than anything, I think the issue is keeping things in scale. When you moved everything to the 5 minute cycle and adjusted speeds/rates in the game, everything felt a bit more balanced, roughly speaking.
I feel like the relationship between productions, flight time, recharges, etc. is really important. With that in mind, a slightly faster flight time sounds reasonable.
Resources right now are staggeringly slow. I'd be fine with the current rate except for how unbelievably easy it will be to lose weeks of work in a single attack. It's just not gratifying to work so hard for something so fragile. Bumping the amounts on higher level planets doesn't seem like enough compared to the speed of military aspects of the game; especially with naq in the market.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Sep 25 2015 3:33 am

i like the amount per day idea on resources.

right now we will have to produce an army to take the resources from AI planets:
pro: I like the addition of resources
con: flight time slow, amount of resource low, # of planets i can attack at my current level as level 1 is limited and made worse by distance to home planet.

produce a constant amount of resource to build several buildings per day is adequate.
idea 1: perhaps a login bonus for consecutive logins each day? each subsequent consecutive day is higher reward, adequate not outrageous amount. i see this in similar games.
idea 2: siege planets like what we did for stations and receive tributes from them on the daily. this would make people fight for planets the higher level the more fights.
idea 3: have planets grow over time. everything level 1/2/3 then have them grow at a rate. something like the barbarian villages in tribalwars.

You guys must really hate me....
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Sep 25 2015 3:45 am

Right now I think the ship speed is fine. However, if you expand the galaxy you might want to consider making it less time to travel between sectors.

As for resources I really think that this is something that needs to be worked on. I really like the fact that they are more difficult to come by, that adds as a challenge. However, right now they are too difficult to acquire. Also I would like to know do planets with higher levels have more resources? If not they really should.

Some thoughts:

- Make it so that the amount of resources you get depends on the amount of troops you destroy in a battle. The idea behind this is you collect scrap from a battle after you have one and you can use it for resources.
- When you loose troops you get resources back (scrap) from battle instead of naquada. Also I think this applies more to ships and less to ground units. Maybe you can turn scrap into resources, that might be too complicated though. Maybe you want to give both naquada and resources for troops lost, but less naquada then you get now?
- If you add ai attacking you can make it so you gain scrap if you defend succesfully.
- Highjacking transports from ai. Not sure how this would be done but its a thought. Could also apply to naquada.
- Resources gifted by ai factions to alliances that complete specific tasks. Quests and or mercenary work for the ai. If you complete it they give you resources.
- Grant resources based on acheivements. Being systemlord, top ranking players, top ranking alliances. However you would want to make it so that this does not last forever because people always on top would have the advantage. Maybe you gain resources if you advance in rank and loose if you go down in rank?
- Make a building that makes it so that your empire focuses on salvaging and getting back resources from fights. The higher amount of this building the more resorces you get from a fight. You could also use a tech instead of a building to do the same thing.
- Asteroids. Get resources from mining or collecting asteroids. No idea how this would or could be done, but its a thought.
- Planets produce resources automatically, although very minimal.

Honestly, I do not know what you should do. These are just some random thoughts and considerations for what you could do. However, keep in mind you should try to keep them still valuable and hard to come by, just not as hard to comeby.

Lord Money$eal
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Sep 25 2015 4:01 am

Yeah getting resorces from just attacking is not the best especially for starting off in the game. You cannot really attack other players yet and you cannot really attack much ai either. And the amount you get from attacking ai is not that much or helpful. Especially considering the amount of naquada and military that goes into acquiring it. But at the same time I like that it is a little harder to come by but all of this combined just makes getting resources to difficult and slow.

I like the idea of ai contributing resources in another way besides just battle. So you could have ai that are of the same faction or are friendly. If they are in the same sector or if you help them some way they gift you a small tribute of resources. For example you help them attack a planet nearby of an enemy faction.

I also like hamiler's idea of seiging giving you resources. It makes bombers even more useful. And it makes sieging more interesting and complex than just what happens when you are considering taking over a planet.

Not sure how I feel about his login bonus idea, but its worth considering.

I am not sure about the planets growing over time either. That would have to be handled very difficulty. Plus then it would be hard for new players to get planets. Its possible, but you would have to work on that a lot. There is too much that could go wrong I feel like. Idk, but I am open to this if you can find a way to make this work without breaking everything.

Lord Money$eal
  • Chaosmar18
  • Irregular
  • 8 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm back Baby!
Sep 25 2015 11:54 pm

It's a good idea.

Steven Power
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 28 2015 3:22 pm

The main issues I came up with planets generating resources is. Once their planet has max buildings the planet will keep generating resources. Also if a planet generates resources then what was the point of having resources in the game. Might of well just use naqahdah. At least then there is a thing of rather you are spending naq on building your planets up or increasing your military.

Going to keep working on ideas of gaining resources with attacking. Thinking of including space stations in on this. Thinking about increasing resources on AI planets as well.

Atm attacking for resources requires players to venture out in the galaxy. Gives them more to do when logged in. Requires them to be some what active. Also I want to point out. Buildings don't increase your naqahdah out put in any way. They don't even increase your slaves back if you lose your slaves. Buildings is really for war mostly. Which is the main this is such a good idea having it setup like this.

Like I said though I do feel resources need to be a bit faster to get.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it