• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 14 2015 5:46 pm

Make stations tax sectors by 5-10% of their naq production again to put the owner of the station at odds with the sector inhabitants again.

Revert infiltration to the old method as it is now everyone can infiltrate everyone

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Sep 14 2015 5:57 pm

If I am right, I am sure the taxing idea was how SS were meant to work in the first place. I think Shadowing changed his mind though.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 14 2015 10:42 pm

Idk. I don't think the tax method works out very well. People will just move to another sector while the strong gets stronger. Plus trying to control naq production this time around. So it doesn't get out of hand

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 10:56 pm

Having a lot of sectors is a bad idea in the first place. Just get rid of the achievement technology prospect and replace it with this.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 11:02 pm

Ehh idk about infiltration.

It forces large players to keep a ratio of Jaffa to their army size which keeps thier army size down on attack/defense. If they choose too.

Thought about making guard posts a bit stronger though. So all out attackers can use those.

Infiltration needs endurance. Attacking with military unity's is endless. Think they both have their down falls and advantages. I'm going give alot more abilities that Jaffa can do too.

The only large issue I see ATM is a player being super small causing destruction with infiltration. Like to come up another way to solve that. We need to come up with something to make sure the player is playing the game and not just trolling. One idea is to somehow have stations have something to do with it

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 11:12 pm

I think all of the players agree that the old infiltration system is better. I see what you are trying to do but it won't work...at all... All it will do is encourage multis. Hell if it stays like this I will use multis because like you said small players can just troll around and wreak havoc.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 11:15 pm

Stations with lots of sectors gives something for all players to always do. That's why I've been fighting for a concept that works. I want to get people taking stations even more often.

Less sectors with a tax system. I think players will just start quiting with in a few months. Once certain players get a good enough strong hold. Those larger players will be able to 100% defend themselves since the station is so close.

The idea may work if there was no space mines on the station and have like 15 stars to a sector again