26horses Forum
> >
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 13 2015 5:34 am

The old system lords game as we know its coming to a end and starting a new version of the game that will completely change the game. I had some delays last week so I got a late start on these game changes before reset. So that's why the wait has been so long. I'd say I'm half way done right now with the changes. I really only been coding for 3 days so far. Most the time before that was figuring out the changes and making sure they work best in the game. I'm compiling a list of changes you will see after reset as well as bug fixes.

There will be 25 different types of planets in the galaxy. Each one having their own amount of slaves. According to how many slaves is on the planet is how much naqahdah you gain from the planet. Better planets are more rare in the galaxy.

Factions will exist in the game. Asgard will be good, Onac Evil, Goa'uld neutral, Furlings neutral. As a reminder the Onac are a group of goa'ulds kind of like the System Lords later on except with a even more less of an alliance with each other. They only work together when fighting the Furlings. I'm letting Goa'uld be neutral cause really they have a choice. They are cut off from the Onac and run their empowers how they see fit. The Furlings are neutral as well since the Ancient Rings storyline will have a group of furlings that betayed their own race to save them selves from destruction.

Onac can't be in good faction alliances and Asgard can't be in evil ones.

Advance buildings no longer exists. To gain a war satellites you will have to take over planets that already have them. This will make war satellites more rare and even more of a greatness to obtain one.

Vacant planets will now be occupied by AI forces. Larger forces according to how good the planet is. Players who disturb a race to much in the galaxy will get aggressive behavior by these entities. Also thinking about adding in a option where players can gain a chance to call for help from a faction that opposes the faction you mostly attacked. None of those things will effect fighting players though.

Players will only be able to see vacant planets with stargates on them. Non gated worlds will require a spydrone.

Players will now have to spydrone a siege planet in order to see what player is sieging the planet.

Players who win a battle while defending or attacking gain a 15% obviation bonus. So now there is a reward for winning a battle. Default obviation was lowered from 20% to 15% though.

To have 100% chance of success a player must send 30% more instead of 15%. This is so opens a larger chance of fail or success in the game.

Players will be able to build buildigns once again. Buildings will build much faster but a limit of 250 this time. Building credits will not exist in the game.

Race, personality and stance is no longer shown on a players profile. Players will have to do a new infiltration ability to spy on a players dominion window.

Depository will be gone. Players will have to risk their naqahdah more in the galaxy.

Players will now be able to slowly fund a flag ship.

Flag ships and mother ships have been doubled in attack/defense points. This is to get people to fight more with bombers, gliders and land units.

When you buy Jaffa you are buying a dozen Jaffa even though they only show up as one Jaffa. This is to decrease people having so many Jaffa in the game.

Mother ships will no longer have the ability to see approaching ships (observation bonus). I got rid of this cause it conflicts with stealth to much. Also this makes it so when sieging a planet other game bonuses matter more according to race and such. It also makes sieging a planet to long more risky.

Stealing slave have been replaced with assassinate slaves. In which kills slaves instead of steals them.

The advance tech explosions have been improved so its more fair and more useful at the same time.

When taking over another players space station that player will now only gain one extra achievement point and the player owning the station will only lose 1 extra point.

Placing space stations will be free to do. Players can place one space station every 24 hours.

A lot of stuff is based on how good a planet is (How many slaves is on the planet). Things like the amount of naq that can be stolen on each infiltration mission and such.

The guide menu now exists on game set up screens. I also rearranged the guide menu so that it makes more sense for new players to read through it. Also made ton of guide editing and changes.

Perquisition Worlds will always return a world on success. Instead of some times saying they didn't retrieve a world even though they were successful.

Bug Fixes
When placing a space station the station will no longer move around while hitting accept. Fixed another glitch issue when first hitting place station.

Fixed a few start out bugs I've noticed.
Fixed a issue where it would show the scroll bar on the right when loading the game.

Fixed a issue when a player had news and would expand the galaxy view it wouldn't hide the news counter

Fixed a display issues on the planet effects screen when showing no planet effects

Fixed a issue building times being messed up when players had increased building speed. Was messing up the progression bar to as well.

Fixed a bug when selecting galaxy tab in the guide it wouldn't highlight correctly.

Infiltration missions have been revamped.

All Agent words in the game has been replaced with soldier.

I'll be adding more to this list
Shadowing

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Chaosmar18
  • Irregular
  • 8 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm back Baby!
Sep 13 2015 9:44 am

AI Attack

Will the AI attack us or not in the game?

Steven Power
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 13 2015 10:01 am

It will only if you continuously attack it

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Stargate1990
  • Irregular
  • 21 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 13 2015 5:27 pm

Are you trying to kill the game? If your going to make these broad changes you should of just started a new server. Your pissing everyone off with these shutdowns and resets.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 13 2015 6:30 pm

shut up stargate.

cakes approves of changes.

• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 13 2015 7:32 pm

you need to come up with a better idea for stations. Also are stocks coming back

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 2:21 am

Ya im going to tie stocks into taking other players space stations. You will get credit to spend in the stocks or cash it out and spend it in the game.

This way players can't just take naq into the stock system. They have to play the game as well.

• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 3:47 am

stock system is bad though its guerenteed to go up

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 14 2015 3:56 am

It won't work with alliances networth like it did last time lol

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Sep 14 2015 4:34 am

your going to make me attack people to do stock market sigh u know how lazy i am =/

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Chaosmar18
  • Irregular
  • 8 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm back Baby!
Sep 14 2015 2:50 pm

Do space stations still need you to be a ruler or not for it?

Steven Power
  • Chaosmar18
  • Irregular
  • 8 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm back Baby!
Sep 14 2015 2:53 pm

What is the AI faction going to be?

Steven Power