• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 18 2015 10:20 pm

I am Irons, a very agressive player, and im making this post to enlighten everyone on why attacking in this game will fk u over in its state right now.

On chulak where it is 2X speed it still takes around 6-8 hours to reach people who arent noobs. and if they arent noobs they will know you are coming. So why is this an issue?

1. There is a delay on rerouting. You have to wait 5 minutes to reroute so the attacker once leaving a contested station has two options A. launch a counterattack from a nearby planet which will take a minute to land and will probably get destroyed since the game lags or B. Reverse the fleet and send it to its death.

2. The 10 second take back. Defenders are able to time take backs to land always after the attacker and usually within seconds of the attacker landing. If the defender cant get status off of these attacks they are dumbasses.

3. Ally reinforcement. This one is pretty self explanatory just have allies stack tons of defense forces on planets

4. having an ally remove and deposit your fleet for you making your fleet invincible

5. the double retake. Defenders can reinforce with as many attacks as they want. So if you send 2 attacks that land close together in hopes of preventing a retake without the defender losing bombers then the defender could just up the anty to three retakes since they are devoting fleets for minutes not hours

6. knowledge of what is coming. The defender knows exactly the size of the fleets in play. The attacker has no idea what the defender could throw back. So it is far to risky to leave a fleet to defend a take back.

7. smaller advantages- turrets, warsats, station defense

8. Stance changes. The defender knows when the fleet is going to land so they can time a stance change / race change to screw over the attacker.

So the benefits of attacking-

1. none

dont attack if you are over 400k networth

that is all.

supreme leader out.

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Aug 18 2015 11:22 pm

This is such a shel kree ing joke of a post. SOOOO basicly this whole post is saying Irons is gonach ing because he can't just send a fleet and win. This game is about strategy, learn it. People have been playing this game for years with the same basic attack and defense with some added stuff here and there. Defenders can not time attacks to the second because they do not know what second an attack is landing. So it is a guessing and gambling game. And to be honest, this is about the only chance that smaller players have to defend against bigger players... strategy. The attackers have the added benefit of a defender not seeing an attack until it is to late. The attacker also has the added advantage of hiding a fleet nearby to reinforce once taking it, or an ally can do it. It looks like many other people in this game are doing just fine with attacks. But Irons, he is having so much trouble living up to his word about killing the Z's that he has to have Shadowing change the game to make it 100% sure that his attacks will win.

On another note, defense sucks. I can spend a cha'tii ton of naq on gliders and lose them all just from one attack while hardly receiving any naq back. Things are fairly even at this time. Both attackers and defenders have their weak and strong points.

Oh Hello There
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Aug 19 2015 4:53 am

That is the game... Your problem is the basic game itself. This post is a joke.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 19 2015 4:56 am

The problem is space mines dumbass.

• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 19 2015 4:58 am

dont try to simplify all of the reasons i gave above down into "its how the game works" no it shel kree ing isnt. Ive been around longer than you and ive seen every change. Youre just wrong.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Aug 19 2015 10:12 pm

Spacemines are a problem? They are annoying because they make you wait but without them everyone would lose everything in their sleep. The game would be pointless. Everybody would quit.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!