• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jun 12 2015 2:07 pm

As you well know I am very vocal about this game in the chat and in real life to be honest. I have only wanted to see it grow into the great game it still can be. I try my best to be polite in the chat but I have gotten angry in PM to you Shadowing. The only reason for that is because you seem to keep taking the game in a direction none of the players want. I warned you about people planning on quitting if things didn't change, you said everyone says that. Sadly I was right on that issue. You have lately announced new changes that will change not just how the game is played but the meaning behind the game. Without Stargates you might as well change the troops to match star wars or star trek. You still have one or two of the early players left from before the big reset, before I started. You need to listen to them and the current players on what direction the game should go. You have always said that you have not gotten the game the way YOU want it. At this point that doesn't matter, YOU do not play the game and you can make the 2 new games the way YOU want them.

I honestly and genuinely beg you, ask the older players what made the game so good for them. Then ask the current players what they like and what ideas they would like to see added to the game. PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE CHANGING THE GAME.

Thank you.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2015 2:20 pm

I think there is only one other dude who was here pre reset besides me. But this game was special for three reasons:

Tiny naquadah production

Supremacy points

5 planets

Diplomacy

Been playing since October 2013 every update has made it worse imo

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Jun 12 2015 9:28 pm

I've been here since the beginning. And honestly the most of the changes sound outright crazy. Many of us have worked a long time to have the characters we have and a lot of things will be affected because of those changes. I've been teetering on quitting for a while especially since we have no non pay to win server. Shadowing has gotten many great suggestion from the old players that he constantly ignored to try and make a quick buck instead of a long term profit. Plus he just doesn't care what people's suggestions are. So i wouldn't hold your breath guys.

Oh Hello There
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2015 10:03 pm

Who were you pre-reset?

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jun 14 2015 4:31 pm

Like I said he needs to listen to the players. While I have no idea who you are Cakes, I was not around when this first came out. I have heard from many of those who were and they all say something similar, the game was much better pre-reset. That is why I think he should talk to the remaining pre-reset players as well as newer players because I have heard good ideas. I really hope Shadowing reads this, but my instinct is he might read it but won't pay attention to it.

I am surprised this post has been up long enough for anyone to respond. :)

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Jun 15 2015 2:15 am

I have been the same name since before reset. It was a pretty great game, although very slow back then, but it was great because it wasn't pay to win. There were also a lot more players, many of which have quit because of not wanting to pay just to stay alive and many more of the problems around here. I've already vowed to never play any of his new games unless he changes his ways in this game. If he can't take care of his game or the community that made his game what it is, why should i bother with his new ones. He's already shown a careless track record.

Oh Hello There
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 15 2015 7:45 pm

I have to speak up and say Zuff and Sadeyes are spot-on. There have been a few changes I agree with, but definitely the minority.

Shadowing sometimes takes player feedback under consideration, but too often ignores it anyway. Great example was the flagship vote. People voted they should stay at 600k hp, and they were changed anyway. Now flagships are way overpowered. With status and tech, I can wipe out a player at the bottom of my net range with just a flagship, no losses, on 3 of 4 servers.

I still think reducing the time space mines delay ships was a big mistake. Obviously I've made out ok, but it's made it much harder for the 'average player' to defend themselves. You really need to have dragnet or be a navigator to have a decent chance at success.

I also think salvage should go into the depot. A lot of players have their fleet attacked once, get their salvage stolen, and quit. Being wiped out is the single biggest reason people quit. Give the average player a fair chance. Give dakara depots, and make salvage go there. Also get rid of the 'collect salvage' button popping up every time someone buys. It's very annoying. Make it go to their hw or depot. Why annoy us with that little bit of naqahdah but let our entire fleet salvage get stolen. No logic there.

Still need a more detailed guide, as well. Most players never fully grasp the mechanics of the game and are doomed to fail. Would be great if the interface was upgraded too. If you have one place you could see how many buildings your planets have, group planets in mass management groups, and trade from/to or build/destroy on an entire group would be extremely helpful.

The simple things that have needed improvement since i started sit there untouched. I see other changes made (like the removal of salvage going to depots) that drive off huge waves of players.

On a side note, it would be cool if there was a chat tab for the system lords. The game is called 'System Lords'. There should be a way for them to all interact in private, like the system lords council. Maybe even a mailing system that would go to all current system lords. I've always felt it was ironic that the system lords have no special way to interact in a game called "System Lords".

I think he's going about this all wrong. Try adding features talked about in the past, rather then taking away everything. Replicator npc's for instance. Galaxy events. (Replicators are invading p3x412 in sector 4-12. Their fleet will arrive at 5:50 pm, GT.) The base mechanics for this game were great. It just needs a bit less risk of losing an empire, and a bit more stuff to do, to keep people interested. Try a replicator invasion day, once a month, for instance. Weak, undefended planets could be taken by npc's. Vacants would be loaded with Replicators. Award people a percentage of normal status for killing replicators, depending on difficulty.

I could go on and on, but the point is, there's no need to make sweeping changes to mechanics and ruin the game for those of us who have put in a lot of time and effort. You said yourself there will be a 'System Lords 2'. Save the crazy ideas for that game, please.

• Eachigo
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 21
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmmmh... Insolence!
Jun 21 2015 8:16 am

i was here pre reset days... long before... i miss it.. just the fact that the option to buy naq got available shel kree ed things up... back then it took skills... now it takes a thick wallet to win

>Cain
  • Macedon
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 22 2015 5:03 pm

I honestly agree with you sadeyes the game has been getting worse I know I've been on and off and I've been gone a long time but I was hopeing the game would have gotten better when I returned sadly no its not terrible but as sadeyes and everyone else keeps saying shadowing needs to listen to players and not just do what HE wants

• Kayleigh
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 24 2015 5:25 am

The lack of a reply by him, just shows, IMHO, how much he doesn't care about System Lords.

• Crusafier
  • Irregular
  • 15 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 03 2015 9:13 pm

I think he cares, just only about the market and it's spenders. I've made bug reports, posts, messaged in game and the only time I see him do something is when one of the spenders needs something, well, active spenders, anyone with tech has spent on this game but now he has our money he doesn't care about our opinion unless we give him more :-/