• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jan 09 2015 10:12 pm

I recently reset my accounts on all three servers. I tried Abydos again and made over 1 million naq in less than 24 hours. It took me a week to get 20 stations. I got ruler status without even trying to get status... I am officially finished with that server. It is not even fun any more. No challenge. I will defend the alliance I am in if they ask, but that is all. I will no longer waste my time over there.

I reset on Dakara. It took me half an hour to steal my way back to where I was before resetting and am now one of the only 3 on the SL council. Pathetic. That server started with hope and lots of potential, but has since then been proven to be no more than a slower and even less active version of Abydos. The number of multis and inactives on that server (even after the recent inactive sweep) is ridiculous. I wanted to make it my main server, but there is no challenge and nobody to play it with. And furthermore, I have heard nothing but complaints of how shocked people are that they have been attacked. Why would you want to play on a server where every time somebody is attacked there is a 20 minute galaxy argument about how terrible the game is because people attack people? That is the game... attacking. I have nothing but bad things to say about this server. Sorry, Farmville Lords, but your server sucks.

I reset on Chulak and immediately thought I had made a HUGE mistake. Since then, I have realized that I was doing absolutely nothing before that - now I'm actually having fun. What is even more enjoyable about it is the fact that I am now playing with an active and aggressive Sadeyes. I STRONGLY recommend that everybody gives Chulak another chance. And if you haven't already tried it, try it. The fast-paced style and huge battles make it very entertaining and give you something to do all the time.

You will have no problem getting started on Chulak, so don't let the thought of being so far behind stop you from giving it a try.

And I hope that all the other players that reached the top will reset and start again as well, because there is nothing left for you. I know, I've been there. Let's give this server another chance and make it work.
----

There is a spot in our new alliance on that server for anyone who wants it. New players on the Chulak server are more than welcomed.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jan 10 2015 12:52 pm

I sincerely love your spirit and gamesmanship Kelac.

I agree with you completely about Abydos. The recent change to building SS will make it harder if you were to try that again, but otherwise you are correct.

I agree about Dakara as well. For me, the challenge is killing the multis and those who benefit from them. There is only one player who has taken extreme advantage of multis. Shadowing is working on automating scripts, and I work with others to bomb them daily. That forces the multi owners to make new multis which, in turn, will make detection easier.

I said from the beginning Chulak was the most fun server and the one for players who do not buy naq. It took you awhile to come around but it's great to see you so enthusiastic. I could reset and come back up with you, but having done so on Dakara even though it was only a week setback, and given my other projects which take up time both for the game (jeopardy / fansite / videos) and life, I've done what I am comfortable with and wont be joining you on the journey back up. Of course, if you or your mates need anything, say the word and I'll be there.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Jan 13 2015 12:03 pm

I agree although I do still like Abydos because it was the first server and I am in an alliance with good people and finally my long term ally Moneyseal. Chulak is the most fun and since I changed to being more aggressive on chulak the fun has just increased. I am glad Kelac talked me into going back to it.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 13 2015 12:43 pm

Great to hear you are having fun on Chulak. I still think it is the most fun setup for any player who does not buy naq.

So...are you going to attack Moneyseal on Chulak? I want to see that drama!

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Jan 15 2015 5:59 am

Damn, it's gotten downright CIVILIZED in the forum since I've been gone. I actually am sorry to have missed the transition.

#SystemLordsIsMasterRace

@QuidProQuoTheSurprised

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 15 2015 6:06 am

Crazy, right? A respectful gaming community of people trying to have fun. Who would have thunk it?

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Jan 17 2015 12:19 am

It's MADNESS i tell you, MADNESS!

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)