• Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 29 2014 2:44 am

Excellion brought this up and he is right. The vast majority of players even if they are active are helpless to anyone with higher agent strength or more advanced technoledgy and are forced to spend everything they make or lose it. Not very healthy for gameplay. 100k depot minimum. Unless there is a depot flagships and war sats might as well be taken off the server as well.

• Pokerbank3
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 2:49 am

There is a way to keep your naqadah safe... and it is use everyday by a lot of player... some people doesn't realize it because it is so common >.<

this way is reducing the missing naqadah... until an updates/changes appears in the future lol

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 29 2014 2:49 am

The best part of the server is that there is no depot and it forces people to build ships. If all people did was put naq into their depot, nobody would be building ships and those of us who actually want to play the game will be so few that we will get bored very quickly.

The depot should be removed on all servers; it takes away from strategy and encourages people to build instead of fight.

And flag ships costing so much is a good thing. Say you come across a guy who's been saving for a flag ship and has 15k on all 10 worlds, you attack them and get 7.5k naq from each. Now you have 75k naq more to play with.

You don't have to build a fs if you don't want to. It will definitely be possible to get one starting in about a month when some people have higher agent strength than others.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Iapetus
  • Irregular
  • 107 posts
  • Reputation -16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 29 2014 3:00 am

But what happens to the guy saving up for the flagship? He quits. I won't play dakara until a protection system is implemented (eliminates the stealing from inactives and multi problem) but having a depo at least allows new players to hide their naq and not lose it immediately

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 29 2014 3:10 am

New players need to spend what they have and gain status and stations gradually and start doing it when they first come out of protection. A depot makes them more likely to quit. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people come in chat who have done nothing but save for a month or more, then they spend it all in one day with no status or experience and lose it over night. That is the main reason why people quit. The people who stick around are the people who start playing right of the bat and pick up the game quickly... and idiots.

Abydos also has "easy" stamped on it in the page where you pick a server, so new players could always start there with a depot and a net protection system. The problem with that is that Abydos is old and dead, so people get bored and quit.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Dec 29 2014 5:20 am

Who R U supposed to buh?

Lord Money$eal
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 29 2014 12:02 pm

All valid points. A couple possibilities to consider:

a. Have a depot with a 150k limit. That way players still have to save for ws / fs in the open but not as much. The issues Kelac bring up are still valid.

b. Set up flagships like Space Stations where players can spend towards it but once it's spent they can't do anything with the naq other than complete the FS (exactly how SS are now)

c. Create a "shipyard" planet in game, like a special object, where item (b) above can be performed. All FS would be created there and sent to your home world. You can set it up where a player must deposit ?50k or whatever towards the fs so players can't keep tossing in 6k and such. This prevents some issues where players could otherwise spend their spare naq daily.

On the one hand, by forcing players to leave naq on their planets they are vulnerable. On the other, good players will always learn the game and adjust. One of the MANY gaming tips I would offer is build more guard posts. Even if the attacker has a million more agents (jaffa) they will get caught by the guard posts often. This saves your naq and drains the attacker's endurance.

As far as protection, as Iapetus well knows even if protection was implemented it wouldn't matter for now. The top player has 10k nw at the moment meaning he can attack down to 3500. 100% of players SHOULD have 3500+ within the 5 days of protection easily. Players who bought the $20 game pack *can* have 3200 networth within minutes of starting. Dragon has 4800 nw and is still in protection. So even if there was a protection system, it wouldn't matter at all for now.

Lastly, Iapetus is very well aware of the nw bugs with protection. Any higher nw player can easily drop their nw low and hit low nw players.

System Lords is a fantastic game. All the pieces are there but game balance issues need to be addressed. Keep the ideas flowing.

I hunt the sheep of war...