• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 24 2014 3:37 pm

In a bit more than 24 hours, protection will be lifted for the first time on Dakara and the real game will begin. The problem is there are far too many critical components of game play that have not been settled.

1. Slaves. If the sole use of slaves is to create naq, should we just delete all of our homes? Some players will have max slaves when protection ends. Others will have max slaves the following week. At that point, there seems to be no point to having any homes. Heck, even if a player lost 100k slaves due to losing a planet, they can steal them rather than build new homes.

2. Slave camps. Currently this building has no purpose.

3. Cargo Depot. It is more important on Dakara than any other server due to the 10 planet limitation, yet the building is not in game.

4. Space stations. Under ordinary circumstances, the first SS would be built as soon as protection is lifted. They are still not in game.

Respectfully, the server should not have opened until these critical pieces were worked out. When the decisions regarding these buildings are worked out, players will need to delete buildings and adjust their planets which will cost naq and time.

Surely every competitive player reached max planets within a day or two and will leave protection with max planets. Without SS, the sole purpose of attacking another player is status. The benefits of status are far too small to make it worthwhile so we are all just stuck in farmville until these issues are settled.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Dec 24 2014 3:40 pm

i agree bugs should be worked on before the 1st truly free to play sever is open

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 24 2014 4:03 pm

homes still do remove plague. no fun when you get a few planets infected and have 0 homes.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 24 2014 5:13 pm

"homes still do remove plague. no fun when you get a few planets infected and have 0 homes"

The whole plague thing is a nice concept but not even close to viable.

1. The plague will go away even if you have zero homes. It just takes longer.

2. In order for a player to get the plague, an Onac must win a battle. Let's look at that shall we?

a. On Space stations, if you win a battle you get the station so the plague only is relevant to planets.

b. For planets with warsats, the winning player typically takes the planet so it is not usually relevant there either.

c. Let's assume Onac's are evenly represented in the galaxy. 3 out of 4 attacks are from non-Onac's so it doesn't apply.

d. Some players are rarely attacked due to a variety or reasons, so it doesn't apply to them.

Between Abydos and Chulak I have well over 300 planets and 200 SS. It has been months since I have been imacted by the plague. But let's set all that aside and assume it mattered. When you are making buildings on your planet, which would you rather make?

Naq mines which help you every cycle by creating naq?
Space mines which constantly help slow down and deter attacks?
Turrets which help defend attacks
Observatories which warn of attacks
Guard Posts which defend against infiltration
Gate defense which helps deter and defend against attacks

...or Homes which, if you are successfully attacked by an Onac will increase the speed of plague recovery?

Heck, on Dakara buildings are cheap (about 41 naq per bldg if you have 11 planets) that if the plague bothered you at all, simply vacate the planet and rebuild. It will cost you 16k and your planet will be as good, if not better than new in about 2 days.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 24 2014 6:59 pm

I would just like to add that the few times I have been infected by the plague... I got it from myself or alliance mates as the result of a bug. Each time I just had to wait it out a couple of days.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 25 2014 5:33 pm

In brief, Shadowing shared he is working on these items but they will not be complete in time for protection ending today. He wants to work out a better SS system and to make slaves more meaningful. We are stuck for now.