• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 13 2014 4:56 pm

dont know about the rest of you but i would personally like to say thank you to shadowing for removing the in game naq buying, you just made the game pretty much completely fair for everyone to play and now the game is going to get way more active now current players and new players know they can stand a equal chance.

by doing this you just seriously made the game alot more fun for me and for people who cant afford naq and game will become very balanced soon.

when im less busy at work and got a bit more spare time again i will be back playing regularly again and will assist in any way i can like helping newbies learn to play etc.

thanks again dude!

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 4:59 pm

still not balanced. Race Changes are way OP. be furling navigator get 3 FS then switch to goauld for attack bonus and extra gliders (while keeping three fs) and switch back to onac if you need to use the gate. The day race changes get a cool down is the day the game will be balanced.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Dec 13 2014 5:01 pm

shel kree Race Changers stay to your own dam kind

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 13 2014 5:02 pm

give him a chance dude lol, yes i not been playing for a while now because it was starting to bore me and im busy so i dont know anything about these new changes yet, i just logged in to see if i been hit so i can suicide at someone for the lolz thenn i saw naq buying has been removed, and i was like awesome i think i may become active again.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 13 2014 5:03 pm

Cakes, you're a spoiled brat. Race changes are not at all OP. They can be used to shel kree someone over a few minutes before they land, but that's it, otherwise they're important to have.

It is entirely reasonable to want and to change your race/personality every once in a while. And I've only ever seen it abused a very few times by the same few people, and they don't do it any more.

For the same reason the game can't be 100% realistic for the many people who keep on writing in the forums about how they want it to be realistic, race changes can't be free and still exist, and they need to exist.
---

Also, where's my 1v1? I accepted it.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 5:06 pm

did you even read my post? There are other ways it can be used unfairly. And if most of the time it is used sparingly than what is the harm in a couple day cool down? I accepted you 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 but there are four people waiting for it and I dont know which ones to fight...

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 5:15 pm

You can fight me. Like I said: "I accept your 1v1," not your 1v4.

There is no harm in a 2-3 day cooldown, and I think that is a good idea. I don't think it is a priority right now though, because the only person to do that in the history of my knowledge is Excellion, and he has no reason to right now for a long time it looks like.

And you can't switch races with 2 or 3fs, it turns them into ms.

@Kynell
@Hamiler

He can't take out the market completely, how would he make money?
There needs to be some market items (that people will actually buy...) and things like name changes make no money.

The race/personality reset keeps it interesting if someone wants to play differently after a while, even if it can be abused.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 5:29 pm

If you get hung up on every little thing that could possibly get abused or exploited in any way, no matter how small, you don't have a game.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 5:56 pm

Shadowing will make probably 200-300 dollars off of the abydos and chulak servers combined per month. He is depending on the tournament server to make money. The other servers are not going to bring anything in anymore.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 6:07 pm

He hasn't even decided if or how he will make money off of the new server. So I think you are very much so mistaking when it comes to the money he currently makes and the money he needs to make out of the game.

I've been talking to Shadowing a lot the past week, he is convinced that more people will be joining now, and I fully agree. And I've seen when people really do join and when he thinks they will enough to know for real.

He is going to advertise the mobile interface and that will likely bring a good handful of players. He never gets more than a handful, so that's not a bad thing. It will also bring players over time.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 13 2014 9:59 pm

I know exactly what he makes a month and what percentage of it is naq buys. He told me he is depending on this tournament server for income...

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 14 2014 1:35 am

Then I think he will be very disappointed.

Unless he straight up makes it pay each week, he won't make much off of it. Money will still come from advance tech and Chulak naq buys and race changes. He needs more players.

[1] 2 Next >>