• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 11 2014 4:52 am

In the SG-1 series, the Goa'uld often dialed into a world to prevent escape while attacking from space. This would be a cool mechanic to work into the game. Now it would really only be useful against gate threaders, which is where my next idea comes in.

Add cargo ships as a ship type. Give them a naqidah cost and a limit to the amount of jaffa they can carry. Then put a limit on the amount a mid range bomber and mothership can carry, but like the limits on gliders with motherships. The end result would be you could dial into a planet while attacking from space (for a limit of 38 minutes at a time), to prevent jaffa/gate threaders from escaping, if there's not sufficient ships to carry them away.

A person could also dial out for 38 minutes at a time to prevent someone from attacking them through the gate, or to prevent someone from blocking their escape.
It would potentially create an interesting racial bonus for Asgard. You could give them an ability to keep a gate open indefinitely.

I know it would be a lot of work and programming time, but it would be a very cool mechanic, that would add depth to the game. It's also a huge part of the Goa'uld/Wraith attack strategy in the TV series, in case Shadowing ever makes the Chulak server into the 'Pegasus' server, and adds Wraith, and Alteran as races. ;)

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Dec 11 2014 4:54 am

Nah

Oh Hello There
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1442 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 11 2014 5:22 am

Stargate defense is actually going to change where it slows down stargate attacks

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it