26horses Forum
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Dec 03 2014 3:40 am

Here are some random ideas I had that I think would be nice additions to the game. Once again they are brief descriptions you are welcome to ask if you have any questions. Feel free to leave any comments below. Here ya go:

•Should be able to view military fleet status on space stations, so you can see ship health and such.
•Maybe move galaxy news to menu with sl tab, alliance ranks, and player ranks.
•Theme song plays on profiles and other places as discussed in galaxy chat.
•Stargate opening sound is played when opening Stargate
•PM messages are sent through the Stargate or on cargo ship meaning that it takes a little to get your messages to people but adds realism. (sounds weird but I think it could be cool)
•Space stations should show the creator and any previous owners on the station
•You can name your flagships. I would name mine Phteven.

Lord Money$eal
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 03 2014 4:13 am

I actually can't find a stargate sound file good enough for the stargate opening I would have to hire a sound guy for that to create one.

people would just use Skype instead of the message system if I slowed down retrieving messages.

ya there used to be a log for stations. I think im still logging it.

I do plan to still do flag ship naming its just hard to find extra time to do it.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 03 2014 12:41 pm

I am sure that with themesongs you would run into copyright issues very fast.

And again people need to realize that it's a strategy game and isn't meant to be a realistic goauld simulator.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 03 2014 1:14 pm

You can find some really high quality stargate sounds in this stargate addon for a game called Garry's Mod. I bet I could find the sound file in the addon and send it to you. They are all really good sounds that is the best they could find. If you are interested let me know. They have anything from destiny ftl to atlantis self destruct.

Lord Money$eal
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 03 2014 1:17 pm

Ok that is true, although people already use skype to a degree. As for the logging of stations that is awesome. Is it possible you can make it so we can view it in the same tab that station options are? Ok well I am looking forward to the flagship naming. And good point kelac, although I do not see why we could not have a little of both :D

Lord Money$eal
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 07 2014 6:44 am

I don't understand what you mean when you say you can't locate any sound files for the gate opening. Here are a few I located:

Gate Open 1

Gate Open 2

Gate Open 3

These are just a few I found. Otherwise, it is easy to pull the sound from any episode. Of course, I have no knowledge of copyrights or your relation with MGM, but these are some fast results I located.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 07 2014 4:00 pm

Yeah it is pretty easy to find sounds for the gate opening but it is hard to find any good quality sounds. The first two you links you posted worked and they were not the best quality, I might have to listen to them again. The third one said page not found. Here is the one I was talking about that they use in garry's mod I think it sounds beautiful:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RafaelDeJongh/cap_resources/master/sound/gate_open.mp3

After listening to your sounds you posted again I think I like the second one you had out of all of them, but I think you should listen to the one I posted above and see what you think. I just think it sounds nicer, but whatever. Either way I think shadowing could get it to work.

Lord Money$eal
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 10 2014 11:52 pm

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RafaelDeJongh/cap_resources/master/sound/gate_travel.mp3
https://github.com/RafaelDeJongh/cap_resources/blob/master/sound/stargate/wormhole_loop.wav?raw=true
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RafaelDeJongh/cap_resources/master/sound/stargate/close.mp3
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RafaelDeJongh/cap_resources/master/sound/stargate/teleport.mp3

Lord Money$eal