• Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 25 2014 1:31 am

Proposed Logistics Changes:

1) Joint Attacks - Allow a player to "grab" allied forces that are reinforcing his planet in order to combine forces and take down a larger fleet that neither ally could by themself.

2) Strategic Re-Routing - Instead of being forced to go back to the planet of origin, an attacking player can send his fleet to garrison any of his planets.

3) Timely Re-Routing - When retreating from a planned attack, a player's fleet returns to normal speed instead of being "mired" in nothing. (The current rule is unrealistic and annoying.)

Please comment yea or nay below...

Lord Bjorn
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Nov 25 2014 1:34 am

There is only so much player strategy in this game, taking out straight re-routs would cut that in half. Having it that way means that you have to think about where your sending your fleet, how long, how many fleets you have out at once, and lets people trap you or get your fleet stuck in space mines.

So many possibilities with that. Removing it would just make the game attacking and defending, no strategy.

Bye.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1442 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 25 2014 1:42 am

Ya I think how it is now adds more strat to game play. I agree its not realistic though

Will see what more think

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 25 2014 1:48 am

It's a game, it can't always be 100% realistic and still be fun. Sometimes you need to sacrifice realism... because it's a game. :D

• Edavies
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • System Lord Lodbrok
Nov 25 2014 1:49 am

Joint Attacks are a MUST!!!

The other two are "nice-to-have"

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Nov 25 2014 3:38 am

"Timely Re-Routing - When retreating from a planned attack, a player's fleet returns to normal speed instead of being "mired" in nothing. (The current rule is unrealistic and annoying.)"

If it takes hours for your ship to navigate INTO a mine field, it makes sense it will also take hours to navigate back out.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 25 2014 6:23 am

+7 for Vitopian.

Joint attacks would never work. That's just an easy way for a farmville alliance with HUGE fleets making up their networth and no stations to stomp on someone. It's an easy way to gang up on a single person.

The game is fine where it is. Shadowing needs to fix these bugs and then move on to his next game and get that finished. He can't keep wasting time with unnecessary additions to this game. It's very good where it's at right now.

• Edavies
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • System Lord Lodbrok
Nov 25 2014 9:07 pm

If multiple allies can defend a planet... doesn't it make sense for multiple allies to attack a planet?