• Shadowlord12
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 01 2014 5:48 am

first of all the choice of Aschen and Gadmeer as a stargate fan I would love these races but there is one problem I personally cant help but think about

the Aschen are advanced humans like the tollan now it is true it is not stated when the Aschen came about but it does seem a little bit of a stretch.

I feel like it needs to be said that the race abilities will need to be balanced well a black hole seems way more powerful then an asteroid and that seems more powerful then just fear

also I feel a second flagship may be too much especially if the furlings can teleport units

as for abilities I feel the other two races should get well they are clearly both the kind of races that would destroy a planet completely Aschen for war and Gadmeer for life

the Aschen should be able to plague a planet like the Onacs and the Gadmeer should have to terraform there planet making it hazardous to anyone else that takes it over.

• Batich351
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 9
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 01 2014 6:03 am

Keep depository plz n ty

as for the rest, we will see what works and what doesn't. Tho i don't think that black hole idea will work well. tho we definitely need to add more strategy to the game. so fiddle away shadowing just keep this open dialogue about the evolution of SL.

Peace out galaxy

The Visual Assassin ~Pakelika~
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 01 2014 6:55 am

After bugs I think before you do anything Shadowing, you should get the tournament server up and really think about what you and I talked about. No market, only one winner in the end. Naq generates way faster as do slaves. And a few other things

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1444 posts
  • Reputation 239
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 01 2014 7:01 am

I want to leave the plague only to one race. This is for game play reasons not logical of course.

Furlings won't be able to teleport units that easy. They must build two gates in the galaxy then travel between them. If you are at war

I plan to make the game have more destruction in it. The stuff I said in the announcement won't be everything the races will be getting. These are just some things I'm jotting down.

Right now people rarely lose planets. Usually if they start to lose planets they lose them all. this goes for Stations as well. Needs to be more disruption in the galaxy.

As for the black hole players will be able to send operations into the black hole to shut it down.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Nov 01 2014 3:22 pm

if you are only allowing one plague the you should give the plague ability to Aschen and make ONac ability Fear. that would make sense.

the aschen plague people to stop population growth over time.
Onac pretty much freak people out on stargate so....

Gadmeer maybe allow them to alter the stargates on a planet they own/seige. 24 hours to change. that would count as a terraform ability and CAN be used in war.
it may not be much, but it can impact gameplay a bunch.

they can "bury" gate to defend them selves or "bury" an enemy gate to prevent troop travel/hinder economy

EDIT: edit please don't mess with my depo, i have been using the naq in it bro
how do you think the new players will survive on any server and what if i get killed off game. what happens to my depo then? Do I not get a jumpstart from my hard earned saving/spending of naq?

Unless the stockmarket thingie gives me a positive multiplier of my current naq that i could use like in a real stockmarket, then taking my depo out will handcap me during war. I know there has to be a risk for naq and there already is. you should see how much naq i risk on my planets since there is a 20k limit to deposit. :(

You guys must really hate me....
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1444 posts
  • Reputation 239
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 01 2014 11:21 pm

What Aschen did to a future earth wasn't really a plague and that is just their strat to lower the population of humans. Plague isn't really a large enough thing to even out a race. Onac will need more. Plague is going to get be more aggressive in the game and will give players a option to use naqahdah to recover their planet.

Once again just cause Gadmeer used terraform technology to alter a planet doesn't really mean that needs to be in a war game lol.

Depository wouldn't be totally gone it will just be forced into stocks. So you will have to buy and sale stocks or keep moving it around so you don't lose it.
Its like a stock market the stocks will go up and down. You can lose money or make money.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shadowlord12
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 02 2014 8:52 am

Shadowing gambling is bad mmmkay

and it is a plague/disease that the Aschen use it seems to be used to turn civilizations in to slaves although in a nicer way then the Goauld.

The Gadmeer terraforming could be pretty fun I think turning all of your planets in to sulfur based so other races cant capture it instantly without terraforming it back again

but I think since Aschen are human it would be wrong to have them you should have something like the Haaken

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1444 posts
  • Reputation 239
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 02 2014 9:55 am

If I did that I think we would need at least 2 sulfur base races. one good one evil

• Irregular
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 02 2014 10:31 am

I have a question, when a black hole wipes out a sector or a star, will it lost forever or will it respqwn as vacant after a week or so?

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1444 posts
  • Reputation 239
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 02 2014 12:42 pm

Ya it will spawn vacants after a period.

I'm also thinking about giving furlings the ability to take the server back in time for a single sector or planet. The ability to rewind the game a hour or something. Enough time to fix a single mistake

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 02 2014 2:38 pm

I think adding the aschen and Gadmeer is a waste of time. Gadmeer are more peaceful than the Nox.

The Aschen are not aggresive. They are strategic so do not know how they would cope in a all out battle of ships, although they are technologically superior to most races.

I think keeping in with the time line the following races could be used.

Serrakin: They are a technological advance race who defeated the Goauld.

Nox: They could have the ability of hiding planets and units on the worlds, so they can hide X amount of planets per day.
They could excel in defence and recons of planets may hide the true army size?

Re'tu: Natural infiltrators. Re’tu get infiltrator bonus and can cause major damage

Stragoth: Able to mimic. They could have the ability to change race and get those powers but will revert after 24 hours back to natural form.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1444 posts
  • Reputation 239
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 02 2014 4:04 pm

I'm pretty sure there is no information on how peaceful Gadmeer are.
How do you know the Aschen are not aggressive? No way you know what kind of war ships they have. What we saw of their race was from sg-1's perspective.
But ya Aschen is really not with the time line. Probably do something else.

Can't do Re'tu cause we know they had no ships.
ya ive thought about Serrakin for the good race
Another good choice for evil race could be on that episode where the aliens were making people disappear by touching their arms together.

[1] 2 Next >>