• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 23 2014 9:58 pm

Shadowning, the current discussion is for a significant group of the most active players to all go on vacation for 30 days at the same time. If that happens, it is clear the group will seek out another game. It is highly likely one will be found. I know you hate the "players will quit" feedback, and I have not shared such feedback or heard anyone else suggest it in many months, but today's change warrants it. See for yourself just some of today's Skype messages.

Locutus, Lordsnow, TDC all hate the interface

Demogorgon and Kynell hate the interface

This is horrible - Zuff

Kelac and Kayleigh hate it and wont play

Stravag describes the game as unplayable

The above list, which you may include me in, represents a significant percentage of the active players. If you also consider these are the most active players in the game, you will realize the seriousness of the issue.

Here is some more feedback from galaxy chat:

Even Hadrian, who I disagree with on most everything, doesn't like the interface hadrian galaxy chat

hoenir hates the update

Sadeyes says "shadowing should be shot"

ToddTheWraith says...well, never trust a wraith

Enlil says game is unplayable

The above feedback is AFTER they have CTRL+F5 refreshed.

It is my expectation you feel you worked hard on this update and therefore are unwilling to offer an option for players to go back to the main interface which we used ever since starting the game. Accordingly, it is highly likely a percentage of players will be going into a 30-day vacation this weekend. Some are already seeking a new game but hopefully it is not too late to undo the damage and get them back.

I have not seen anything close to this level of unhappiness since the 1 jaffa exploit which allowed players to reach God status in less than a week. I watched 3 players permanently leave the game as a direct result and others underwent a major detachment where they never played the same, significantly lowering their playing time and commitment.

This thread is a hail mary pass requesting you reconsider something immediately. I know it is highly unlikely but I wont leave the game without at least making my best effort to save it.

Respectfully,
-Ryan

PS. Please please please don't try to FIX the current interface. Put back the old one THEN put the new one on a test server where players can try it out.

PPS. If you were to roll out a major change after offering players a chance to THOROUGHLY test it on the test server AND providing 1 week notice, just put it on ONE server so people can still play the game rather than being forced to stop because they hate the change so much. Each time that happens, people look for another cure for boredom, i.e. another game, then come back and tell all their friends how great the new game is. You don't want that.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Shadowlord12
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 23 2014 10:03 pm

What do we do?!?

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 23 2014 10:16 pm

We listen to Sadeyes.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 10:17 pm

I have always hated the post where people threaten to leave. This time is the exception though because i believe it's actually true. If the interface stays, I honestly believe nearly everyone will quit. The interface was a big part of what made this game better then most like it. It's why i play this game over other stargate games.

I see those who love this game the most talking about leaving. The real 'hardcore' people. If they leave, everyone will. If Shadowing keeps this interface, I'll buy him a shovel...to bury System Lords.

• Kayleigh
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 10:19 pm

I heartily endorse the message that started this thread.

• Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Oct 23 2014 10:53 pm

Wow that was a little bit rude, Excellion, especially because he probably put a lot of work into this update and you even admitted you knew that. Anyways, I have to say Shadowing the new interface is pretty bad. Not only does it look really terrible, there is no way I can play with sl like this. And not to mention I can not adjust anything by chaging the resolution so I am screwed right now. I do not exactly understand why you made the changes you did although I understand what you were trying to accomplish. I think somehow you can find a way to fix it and still accomplish your goal. Btw sorry if I sound like a jerk now too, but seriously this is kind of a big issue.

These are the problems from what I can see:

I cannot access anything above the planet name.

The profile access has been moved to an awkward location.

The space under the planet details makes no sense and makes the new interface look bad.

The Galaxy map is all screwed up. I like what you were trying to do (with the faded blue thing and getting rid of sectors) but something went horribly wrong. Instead of a window you got just a big open space around the chat menu.

I just noticed and I have no idea why you put dominion and ranks in the menu. Especially with the extra space down below. You just got rid of a button. You chopped off the dominion triangle and threw it in the menu! It makes no sense and is horribly placed. In less you plan to rework the menu and buttons all together which would mean you would need to start this game from scratch, then I think you should reconsider what you did there.

For me the players online and galaxy time is shoved down at the bottom very awkwardly. I am not sure if it is meant to be like that. But thank you for adding galaxy time.

What if you put profile, dominion, and ranks in the extra place below. Idk. This is all so crazyfish.

I am so sorry shadowing but something went horribly wrong here and it is up to you to fix it. I hope you find this useful and not to harsh.

Lord Money$eal
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 11:11 pm

Moneyseal, you said my statement was rude but others are suggesting your response is harsher than mine lol.

I care about the game and the community. I want the game to succeed. Shadowing knows that. Good people can offer candid feedback without it being rude on any level.

If you come over to my home and you smell, I should be able to say "Hey, you smell awful". If it is accurate, so be it. There is nothing rude about telling a smelly person they smell bad. There is nothing rude about an active player sharing feedback that the changes made have ruined the game for many players.

Many people woke up happy today and were happily playing the game. To have major unannounced changes of any type forced onto people is exceptionally poor customer service. To have changes made without thorough testing shows a lack of respect for the player base. It is not rude on any level to say such. You can go around in life and sugar coat everything and take 10x longer to say things, it is just social bull cha'tii and not any more polite.

Life is what it is. If your boss calls you into the office and says "Hey Moneyseal, you are an awesome employee and I love working with you but we no longer have need of your services so we have to let you go" is it really all that much more "polite" than the boss who calls you in and says "you're fired for being too slow" when you are really too slow? At least the second boss was honest with you and gave you accurate feedback whereas the first boss was not honest with you but was polite.

• Kayleigh
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 11:12 pm

Now see, I think Excellion's post to a degree was tongue-in-cheek to make a stronger point.

Personally, after trying to move around with the new interface, I actually felt sick to my stomach. It's too much movement and too bright of a background and I really hate how the galaxy keeps moving even if I'm tabbed to another screen to do something else. I have always had bad eyes - thank goodness for corrective lenses. But this taxes them. It's constant moving and for anyone else who might really sensitive to those types of things, someone IS going to get sick or someone's going to have a seizure.

Anyway, it's a jarring change and a very disconcerting one.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Oct 23 2014 11:15 pm

About the boss thing I call that political bull cha'tii I hate that cha'tii the update is bad no other way to say it tbh I like the older version I have to use like all 9 of my monitors just to see my ally info

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 11:21 pm

"I have to use like all 9 of my monitors just to see my ally info"

OK, this made me laugh hard. I can see Hamiler's desk where he used to watch the stock market on 8 screens and SL on one screen. Now he has SL up on 9 screens and is trying to figure cha'tii out and can't. Of course, I have a confused Asgard envisioned the whole time.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Oct 23 2014 11:26 pm

In the word of atum *the struggle is real*

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Oct 23 2014 11:29 pm

I know I did.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
[1] 2 Next >>