• Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 23 2014 8:13 pm

Everyone has been wanting to see an old interface during the developing of the new one May I suggest that in the options we create an option for the non full screen option and the full screen option.

That could be a useful option to have.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 23 2014 8:14 pm

Nice, nice. I like this. Shadowing, I like this. I think everyone likes this.

#BringBackSpaceEscape

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Eachigo
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 21
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmmmh... Insolence!
Oct 23 2014 8:15 pm

the new one sucks.. i want the old one... at least give the choice

>Cain
  • Hawkleg
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 18
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmfwcl!!
Oct 23 2014 8:30 pm

yes i agree we need a choose interface option!

whoop x2
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 23 2014 8:35 pm

Shadowing, I know you have a vision for the game and are moving it in that direction. A few thoughts:

1. There are areas you get an "A+" as a developer, but candidly, there are areas where you also earn a "F". Every software system I have worked with for years provides a "Classic / Old interface" button when changing the interface. There is no reason not to do so here.

2. You should provide users access to the test server so they have an opportunity to see changes IN ADVANCE and offer feedback.

3. ALL non-emergency changes should be posted AT LEAST 1 week before being implemented. It is nothing short of arrogant to make non-emergency changes and force them on loyal players. It is the highest level of disrespect I can think of.

With the above noted, part of my profession is evaluating websites from a technical perspective. From an "accessibility" perspective, the game is not playable. There are too many white dots users are forced to view. It creates massive eye fatigue very quickly.

I try to help promote the game. I am working on a fansite for the game. I have brought several new players to the game. Changes like this create such an incredibly strong resentment for the game, I lose all credibility with those who otherwise value my opinion.

I cannot imagine anyone looking at this interface and liking it or thinking it is cool on any level. You are developing in a bubble without considering users. I used to develop and I used to do the same thing...and I was VERY wrong for doing such. User experience, which requires user feedback, should be the first and foremost consideration during development, not the last. You are the game owner, but you are also doing whatever you like and forcing it down the throats of the loyal community. I could not be more disappointed with these changes.

Yes my cache is clear. Yes I found everything and I can physically play...I just went from being the most active player to not wanting to play at all. It is indeed THAT bad.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 9:13 pm

to be honest this is the worse thing I seen, I actually cant play now becaue it hurts my eyes and is confusing and is making me feel sick where its messing my head up.

please change it back or atleast give people option to stay on the new interface or play on the interface that everyone actually likes.

I play this game more than anyone and always online lurking, I cant physically play because it makes me feel ill playing with my head, im just going to hope its changed back if not I will go into vacation until it is.

also aswell as making me ill, the game looks bloody ugly now with how it changed to.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 23 2014 11:06 pm

In response to Excellions post: I completely agree with 99% of what you said there. The only exception would be any parts of it that you insulted him, lol.

I'm not sure what you were saying at the bottom when you said that it was not "cool". If you were talking about the new interface, I completely agree. If you were talking about both, I disagree, I loved the old interface! Besides the Stargate part, this is the only strategy game I have ever come across that I actually enjoy playing.

This is what a strategy game should be. But, I think that Excellion has a good point and that a fullscreen and classic option should be available in the options menu. I for one would always chose the classic look, the one from before the update.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 23 2014 11:19 pm

"I'm not sure what you were saying at the bottom when you said that it was not "cool". If you were talking about the new interface, I completely agree."

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. New interface bad, old interface good.

The old interface was sort of like standing on the Peltac of a mother ship and being in control. The new one is like looking up at the starts all the time. The old interface focused on 1 sector. The new interface you see:

- the current sector
- the sector to the right (why is the sector to the right more important than the one to the left? below? above? etc)
- a sliver of the sectors above and below...more distracting than helpful
- a piece of the sector to the left and below
- other miscellaneous areas of the galaxy

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Oct 23 2014 11:22 pm

I have no idea what this is all about but I guess I picked a good time to quit before this new interface was implemented.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Shadowlord12
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 24 2014 12:38 am

I want to use the old one please

• Kayleigh
  • Irregular
  • 40 posts