• Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 23 2014 7:09 am

Goauld Origins:
So i could not think of many theories for the Goauld but did not want them to feel left out we know what planet the Goauld originated from but how did they become the Space enslaving sparkly gods we all know and love.

well They obviously started with the Unas somehow worked out the gate probably using their genetic memory to memorize gate address's they left their home world.

Now after that is when it becomes interesting at the time were the ancients still around or were they already dead from the plague?

I suspect they would have already been dead since that would have made it much easier for the Goauld to steal any ancient tech.

Some people say Ra took an Asgard host and for a little while it was canon in the Stargate rpg book if that were canon it would make sense how the Goauld learned to use ancient tech so easily

if not then the Goauld must have been extremely lucky and much smarter then they are given credit for.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Famrir

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 7:21 am

My story is Furlings used Unas for slaves. When goa'uld starting taking unas as hosts, they started learning about furling technology, and plotted to overthrow them, leading to the hatak technology that allowed Ra to find earth.

As for Ra being Asgard...after being well familiar with many races, Carter found it amazing when she came across a race that rejected goa'uld physiology, although the survival rate may be very poor for symbiote and host when they did not have the jaffa, which were engineered specifically to make symbiotes more compatible with human host. The survival rate for goa'uld taking a human as a host before the jaffa was something like 1 in 3. More then likely the same holds true for Asgard and Furlings.

• Lordwayob
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • If you can't beat 'em barbecue 'em
Oct 23 2014 7:25 am

It was going to be canon that the Furlings created the Goa'uld as a caretaker race, something all of the Four Great Races were considering doing. As usual, the Nox were the killjoys, thinking they didn't need to make one. As I said, this would have been canon had Stargate: Worlds been developed and published.

As to WHY the Goa'uld rebelled... *shrug*

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD
  • Lordwayob
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • If you can't beat 'em barbecue 'em
Oct 23 2014 7:25 am

It was going to be canon that the Furlings created the Goa'uld as a caretaker race, something all of the Four Great Races were considering doing. As usual, the Nox were the killjoys, thinking they didn't need to make one. As I said, this would have been canon had Stargate: Worlds been developed and published.

As to WHY the Goa'uld rebelled... *shrug*

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD
  • Soundwave
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 7:28 am

i always looked at them as furlings replicator mistake making a genetic snake like animal that could control another being because they had the ability to pass on all knowledge to off spring and first world they tested on was the unas and with most experiments something happend and was released into the ecosystem and in movie looked as ra was asgard who came to earth and from bits and pieces of asgard history got out of the show that the asgard geneticly altered their bodies which made then unable to become a host which lead to their fall as a race that alteration they did and same with the goauld they had the ablity to take human hosts always but also geneticly altered the off springs with human dna so that they could bread without normal methods and can mature in a human body creating the jaffa rather then normal method of maturing

• Shadowlord12
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 7:31 am

Anything is possible lol but Idk if the furlings were wiped out by the Goauld or not there are hints that they might have been but surely the Furling tech would be much more powerful then Goauld tech.

Unless the Goauld swarmed the furlings with numbers like the wraith did the ancients but the furlings would have asked help from asgard and ancients surely.

A 1 in 3 chance does not seem like a good position for making Goauld shock troops plus all Goauld consider themselves gods so they would not risk their own lives unless they did some kind of Anubis\Kull warrior thing which could work knowing how fast a queen can spawn symbiotes.. interesting.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Oct 24 2014 9:12 pm

the Asgard host Ra took was Famrir.
he was dying since the goauld could not repair the Asgard bodies due to genetic experiments they did on themselves.

my theory.
goa'uld are natural snakes of unas world
took unas as host
buildt colony of goaulded unas
found gate
learned to dial it and left after 100's of years on that planet. then used the un-goaulded unas as slaves.

enslaved worlds using unas.
built civilzation under Apep
build ships
discovered asgard... warred with Asgard/Furlings
Anubis kills Apep
Ra overthrows Anubis and becomes leader
Ra captures Famrir as host and gains knowledge but body deteriorates leading to events in Stargate movie, as he looks for new host .

You guys must really hate me....
  • Khnum
  • Irregular
  • 24 posts
  • Reputation 18
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I
Jun 27 2018 9:28 pm

I agree with this last sequence, after all the Asgard bodies are defective because of the abnormally repeated cloning. Probably the technology of the sarcophagus soon reached its limits and Ra was forced to find a new guest .... case he wanted that among a thousand disasters, he discovered the planet Earth, if not goodbye Ra!

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 27 2018 9:46 pm

That is a interesting theory with combing the movie with the series better. Course in the movie the Jaffa didn't have symbiote patches.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Khnum
  • Irregular
  • 24 posts
  • Reputation 18
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I
Jun 27 2018 9:49 pm

Because it is evident that they are not jaffas, but improved humans, it is understood in Stargate Origins the reason why there are jaffas without the ventral sac