• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Oct 23 2014 6:06 am

I have been thinking about it ever since Brynes' topic. There really isn't much incentive to leave protection early. I have a few ideas.

1. Multiply the naq they have on their planets by 1.0 +0.1 for each day they have left in protection.
7 1.7x
6 1.6x
5 1.5x
4 1.4x
3 1.3x
2 1.2x
1 1.1x

Kinda nice but you'd have to make it so that players couldn't just reset, take their depo out end protection get the boost, deposit the naq, reset lose 10k, take out their depo...........

That's the only problem.

2. Give 5k-10k naq and 200building credits to the player for each day they had left in protection.
7 35-70k 1400
6 30-60k 1200
5 25-50k 1000
4 20-40k 800
3 15-30k 600
2 10-20k 400
1 5-10k 200

Nice boost but same problems. I'm thinking have a month cool-down between resets. That will deter some people. And if the person has been doing this over and over and over Shadowing can definitely find the pattern.

#HitTheGroundRunning

@ShadowingTheCreator

@QuidProQuoTheForumFanatic

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Madman523
  • Irregular
  • 15 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i am the manifestation of nanakos will
Oct 23 2014 6:08 am

the protection is to stop someone from resetting and suiciding their fleet and repeating it right away, over and over again.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 23 2014 6:23 am

The protection was originally to protect players that were forcibly reset and new players, while they were getting a foothold. The vs suiciding their fleet was only needed because some imbeciles couldn't come to terms with the way they lost. Some felt cheated or were sore losers. That is not what protection is for. You can turn it off in the options at the top-right. If I wanted to suicide my troops I may still do that. I just Exit the protection, and attack. However with the implementation of the 60% net attack range this has nearly vanished.

In short/Tl;dr: That is wrong. But thank you for posting. I hope this cleared it up for you.

#PontificationForYourEdification

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 23 2014 6:40 am

Game balance is the hardest part of any game. Many players want to make changes. Developer time is always limited. The key question which drives game changes:

Is there a substantial benefit for the game by making this change?

I kindly suggest there is not. Players are not asked to leave protection early nor should they be offered incentives to do such. For a long time, there was not even an option to leave protection early. Now, if a player chooses to do such, they can. That should be enough. Further incentives and bonuses are not needed.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 23 2014 6:53 am

+1 Excellion

Nothing left to say.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 24 2014 6:03 pm

I agree with the necessity point you bring up, but the boost for anyone who willingly leaves protection should be implemented in my opinion. I haven't been reset in awhile so this does not affect me. It's just a nifty idea.

@ExcellionTheElocutioner