• Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "Omnia sponte fluant; absit violentiarebus"
Oct 22 2014 2:51 am

Here follows the Asgard Constitution for all to see and hold us accountable to.

The Asgard Constitution

Preamble:
We the Beings of the Asgard Race, in Order to form a Peaceful Balance in the Galaxy, establish Justice, insure galactic Tranquility, provide for the general defense, promote the general health, and secure the safeguard of Peace and Sovereignty to ourselves and all races, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Asgard High Council.

Article I
If any member breaks the Constitution, the protection is void of the rest of the alliance and member. Play, as you will individually, but know that collectively we follow this Constitution. If you use malpractice or break the rules of the game, as set forth by the Admin Shadowing, you will lose the collective protection of the Council and Allied Sisters.
Malpractice includes intentionally targeting smaller/weaker individuals and lording over them. If an innocent individual is attacked by one of the members and asks for peace; if you ignore said peace and continue to attack the protection you have is null and void.

Article II
Assistance: The Asgard only offer help to people who actually need it. A vote will be held to decide whether an individual is in need of assistance. We are not an army for hire we would not be in a position to help one individual in a war or personal vendetta, unless that offending individual has continued to harm others. If other members of our Asgard Alliance are under attack, it is not up for debate and they should be helped immediately.

Article III
Rules of Engagement: When we are contacted to assist other individuals and we agree to help them, we should always give the offending attackers a chance to leave peacefully. If they agree then there is no harm done. If they refuse however, then we can attack and liberate the planet(s).
If an individual has committed other problems such as being disrespectful in the message boards or been excessively rude to other players, or has violated the rules of the game we will hold a vote and trial to determine whether said individual should be dealt with, if they are not repentant.

Article IV
Conduct: Asgard’s should maintain a level of respect and a respectful demeanor in general. There should never be rude or oppressive actions taken by any Asgard member that reflect back on the overall alliance.

Supreme Commander Atum of the Asgard High Council

*Addendum:

The presentation of this document is to have transparency with all the background of the Asgard High Council and sisters. In no shape or form are the Asgard attempting to instill or force others to take this document as their own. The Asgard apologize to all that thought this was a power grab or attempts at the Asgard to place any rules on others.

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 22 2014 2:55 am

Get this mess off my forum.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Oct 22 2014 2:58 am

well written

You guys must really hate me....
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 22 2014 5:20 am

Horribly written! I will bring just a few of the many concerns up with this proposed document.

"We the Beings of the Asgard Race" - what about the other races you represent? Moneyseal is a Firball! Angokugargoth is an Onac! And worst of all, Draco2210 and Systemlordbaal are...goa'ulds! What about them? (Actually, I was quite impressed that all 10 members of TheAsgardCouncil are indeed Asgard and, other than those mentioned above, all members of the three Asgard alliances are Asgard). As an Asgard myself I object to other races being permitted as part of The Asgard Alliance, particularly Goa'ulds who are evil by nature and Onac who are primitive and service the Goa'uld.

"...insure galactic Tranquility..." Insure means to cover with an insurance policy. I believe you meant "assure"

"provide for the general defense" - how exactly will this happen? Will military units be placed in each sector? In America, citizens don't need to defend themselves. If anyone attacks, we call 911 and help is immediately sent. Can we all stop building military units and simply call the Asgard when attacked?

"promote the general health" - will Asgard doctors and hospitals be built? Is there health coverage to be offered? What EXACTLY will be done to "promote the general health"?

"If you use malpractice or break the rules of the game, as set forth by the Admin Shadowing, ..." In all my time of playing I have never once heard Shadowing declare a player was using an exploit. He simply fixes bugs or makes adjustments so I don't believe this clause would ever take effect. If Shadowing declared a player was exploiting, he is most equipped to deal with the issue if he so chooses.

"The Asgard only offer help to people who actually need it. A vote will be held to decide whether an individual is in need of assistance." So, what is to be done with Wayob's victims? :P

"...we will hold a vote and trial to determine whether said individual should be dealt with..." Is the accused entitled to legal representation? right to a speedy trial? co-counsel? pizza delivery during the trial?

"Asgard’s should maintain a level of respect and a respectful demeanor in general. There should never be rude or oppressive actions taken by any Asgard member that reflect back on the overall alliance." *cough* Hamiler *cough* the jews object your honor!

I, Excellion, ruler of 19...no 20...20 planets in the Abydossian galaxy find this proposed Constitution flawed beyond repair!

With the above noted, I clearly have too much time on my hands. It is nice to see Atum take an active role and effort to try and improve the game for oppressed players. I kindly suggest in most cases, the game has mechanisms to auto-correct itself. Most oppressed players have very poor building setups, or at the very least are not optimal, and their activity level is less than their attackers. There are only a couple individuals who have made griefing others a part of their daily gameplay, and they can each easily be countered by any three active players who work together as a team and play smart.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 22 2014 7:06 am

My response was offered over 100 minutes ago. Kelac has not shared his wisdom on this important topic which clearly has galactic implications. He is clearly dead or incapacitated. Now is the time to attack!

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 22 2014 8:45 am

once again this is basically a move of power, all follow your ways of peace and make this a Farmville game, any one who breaks your peace and your ways and attacks someone will then get attacked by you guys.

your again suggesting everyone becomes asgard and follows the play style that you want and not play the way they want to play, if they don't play your way they risk being taken out by you, sorry to have to say this but this is starting to sound like a nicer worded version of P.E, do as we tell you to do or else post lol.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 22 2014 11:03 am

also I shall mention, players that are getting attacked for there stuff and have done nothing wrong at all are simply not going to learn to defend themselves if you or others fight for them, may I suggest you stay out of it and offer them advice on how to build better and teach them how to defend themselves.

give a man a fish and he will eat it then be hungry again
teach a man to fish for himself and he will never be hungry again

• Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "Omnia sponte fluant; absit violentiarebus"
Oct 22 2014 2:56 pm

Thank you for the input, I'll make sure to correct it when I have a chance. As well as get amendments created, etc.

To clarify, this document is not intended to have others follow, it is to show others that the Asgard Alliance has a set of rules for themselves. This was in no way an attempt at assuming power or taking power. This was posted to show transparency to all other alliances and people in the galaxy. Again, others are not expected to follow this, this is the constitution of the Asgard High Council and sister alliances. I apologize if it appeared to be an attempt to "make" others do anything, that was not the intention. :P

Lastly, we desire to stay out of events as much as possible and use words, as we have in the past.
----------------------------------------------------------------
On a nonRP perspective, I understand the aspect of the game and such; Wargame versus Farmville. It just my play-style, makes for an interesting time to be diplomatic in a war based game.

The quote made me think of this one.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Back to RPing now,
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Respectfully,

Supreme Commander Atum of the Asgard High Council

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 22 2014 3:14 pm

haha yes I like that quote better lol.

and I apologise I read it wrong, just the way I read it, it sounded like that and I was like hmm, this doesn't sound like the asgard guys, they have always remained pretty much neutral and friend to all lol.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Oct 23 2014 12:09 am

>cough* Hamiler *cough* the jews object your honor!<

what can i say im the general zod of my people

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Excellion