• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Oct 20 2014 2:17 am

So apparently Shadowing decided to "fix" a non existent bug.

At 8:52am October 18th 2014 Shadowing "fixed" a bug that was allowing players to siege, ally reinforce more than 10 planets at a time.

But here's the thing NOWHERE in the guide or anywhere that I could find does it say that there's a limit of 10 or any limit at all.

I feel this "fix" is unfair and specifically targets ME because of other players complaining about how my status shot up so fast from so many sieges.

Since they were complaining in chat about it then I'm sure Shadowing must have seen it and also received private messages about it as well.

I put in a lot of time, planning, naq, real world money, more time making spreadsheets, and effort into obtaining and occupying all those worlds. It's simply not fair that I cannot attack or even assist my ally mates because I have "maxed" out my offworld armies.

Again, nowhere in the guide does it say I "couldn't" do that. Or that anyone else couldn't for that matter. Why should "I" be punished because I used a different strategy than others to gain status and work my way up to the top?

I know this post is going to get a cha'tii ton of dishonourable clicks all by the ones who complained about how I got my status in the first place. Haters Gonna Hate so have fun with that. I wonder how many of those crybabies actually put money in the market as I did.

[edit] Already got 6 dishonourable and counting. Keep it up guys, show me the hate. Lets see you get me down to zero.

If I'm NOT the specific target of this "fix" I'd love to hear from everyone else affected by this "fix". Please comment and maybe we can get this "unfixed".

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 20 2014 2:20 am

I didn't complain, and I don't believe that Styx did either. If it wasn't us, I doubt it was from a complaint.

But again I'll say it... Status is a show of power in the galaxy. It is achieved by destroying your enemies and winning battles...not by sitting around on inactives worlds and pressing the bomb button.

And unlimited offworld armies is a new thing, it was 10 up until about 2 months ago.

I think it should be unlimited offworld armies, but I don't think bombing should give you status - that is just ridiculous.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 20 2014 2:21 am

No not you guys Kelac. I wish I would have screen shot it but at the time I wasn't screen shotting anything.

Kelac I've told you many times the planets I am sieging were not free. So I very well DID display my power to take them. They may not have been defended by the owners being online but they were NOT undefended planets. They were fully built planets with 400 building PLUS fleets on them. They were NOT easy pickins by any means, especially not at the networth I was at when I was taking them. I EARNED those planets AND the status I took along with them.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Oct 20 2014 2:25 am

For the longest time everyone knew that there was a max of 10 off world armies and 5 armies en-route. It was changed recently after the Chulak server was established because of the higher planet limits people could have. I think the main complaint shadowing probably received was with some people having dozens of vacant planets under siege holding them in place so to speak to be taken over later. With the vacant planets in chulak being under 50 at one point it became a big issue for weaker players being able to spend resources to take out someone on a vacant.

As for your complaint I had to recall forces as well so I could send out attacks and reinforcements. I did not have well over 50 like you but it took me an hour or two to recall forces so i could coordinate a multi stage attack. While I think the way you reached max status is a joke I am not a petty enough person to complain to shadowing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Oct 20 2014 2:31 am

I'm not sure how i feel about the limit. It affected me also. It does need to be bigger for chulak. I also do think your status is a joke and should be removed. They way you earned it is dishonorable. But whatever.

Oh Hello There
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 20 2014 2:33 am

Hellhound I've only been playing actively since early July and signed up sometime late June. I did not know of any of the limits you just mentioned. Had I known I wouldn't have space to complain.

• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 20 2014 2:36 am

Zuff how is it dishonourable? I earned it! I made sure I was logged in EVERY hour to get those status points. That's dedication right there. I sat down and took notes for weeks studying and watching my targets. I made spreadsheets to keep track of everything and tons of other cha'tii to get to where I'm at so don't you dare say I DIDN'T "EARN" it. I sure as damn hell DID!

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Oct 20 2014 2:39 am

Everyone else at the top of the list had to fight for their status. Also when your targets are inactive that is not really a challenge. No one to stop your attacks. No one to lift the sieges. You can guarantee you will win every single attack because the defensive numbers will not change on a world after you launched your attack. So you did not earn cha'tii .

• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 20 2014 2:41 am

Hellhound I lost 3 Flagships and tons of other fleet to those "inactives" believe me it was no cakewalk. And just because I fought "inactives" doesn't mean they didn't put up a fight.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Oct 20 2014 2:42 am

I'm confused what does sieging planets have anything to do with status?
The point of the update was actually from to many people sieging vacant planets honestly. Well was the reason I decided to fix it. I blew that bug off for a long time cause didn't think it effected game play to much. It effects it a lot on chulak though.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Oct 20 2014 2:45 am

I think if you read up Shadowing I mentioned that it was about vacants but he thinks it was because he had like 60-70 worlds sieged and was bombing them for status. He thinks because we all disregard his max status as a joke that the update was targeted at him.

• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 20 2014 2:47 am

Shadowing everyone has been complaining that I used the sieging of planets to bombard for status points every hour to get up to the top of the list. As you can read most of those commenting think it's a joke that I was able to do so.

[1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>