• Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 02 2014 5:41 am

Shadowing,

So many good suggestions have been made this past week and you haven't responded to any of them weather you like them or not. The few times you have posted, it was about how you couldn't do something that wasn't even the main subject of the post you were commenting on.

The game is made up of players that actually play it, they know what's best and what they want to play. It is your job to know what ideas are stupid and what ideas are not (like everyone who's suggesting it should be a 3D first person shooter), but you have to leave a comment on actual posts about why you would or would not do something.

You said yesterday that you wanted the forums to be more active--they won't be more active until you start responding to them; otherwise, there's no point in people making suggestions of what they think would improve the game.

Please read and respond to comments.
-----

I'll post links to a few of my favourite ideas this past week. It will be much shorter then Quidproquo's was yesterday.

Quidproquo on - How to make the game more active!

Kelac on - How to make the game more active/player profiles

The man himself on - A way to destroy units?

Kelac on - Naq ringers

Quidproquo on - In-game mail and forum mail

Hate rant of the week!

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 02 2014 5:46 am

Patience my Canadian friend.

Shadowing is on daily. He has been active in forums this week. You are the server's most active forum user. Often, it is best for the community to allow a week to pass when discussing new ideas. This provides less active players an opportunity to share their thoughts. Furthermore, it allows for a conversation to reach it's natural conclusion.

Part of my work (yes, I do work) is to build communities and help them grow. Imagine trying to ignite some paper with a spark. If there is no air, you can't do it. If too much air (wind) exists, you can't do it. [Insert chinese proverb on balance here]

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 5:49 am

Shadowing is the one that should be reading and responding, not the entire game. It would be nice to know that he's taking these things into consideration at least.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Oct 02 2014 6:19 am

Exactly, it's not what you want, it's the consumer. If you want to keep this game down then fine. Raise the naq maximum from 4 to 1 billion. Why not? You see what people want. We post about what we want. But you have the same response every time. We have multiple people agreeing on things. some posts it's up to 9. You won't get any more people on the forum, unless you do something about it. I had a great way to do that.

We have stated what we want. It's up to you to provide. Or we riot.

#GetThoseTorches

@ShadowingTheDestroyer

@Cjamieson99TheKingOfComplaints

@QuidProQuoTheSavior.

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 6:35 am

New suggestion...don't want to make a whole new topic... someoen do it for me!

race/personality reset once a month on the first day of every month. You can't do it randomly, it has to be that day to prevent surprise last second race changes.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 6:54 am

I got it for ya.

#teamwork

@Cjamieson99TheKingOfComplaints #SlothIsBadMmmkay

@QuidProQuoTheSavior

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 02 2014 9:57 am

I think we all have played a lot of games run by different companies. I find Shadowing to be highly responsive, much more so than any game operator I have worked with previously.

He does not need to respond to every thought or idea you come up with to provide good customer service. He fixes bugs in the game and makes enhancements to the game on a very regular basis. He also introduce changes based on game balance. He is also working on a new server and a new game.

You have ideas, that's great. You are sharing them with the community, that's great as well. It's easy to through out ideas. What's hard is investing time and money discussing the ideas and moving forward with changes. Another idea some players have is to provide more game stability. Not making changes every week which change gaming fundamentals (taking out agents, taking out techs, taking out mines, adding back mines, etc) is nice too!

Yes the game can and should continue to be tweaked. It is being done. Yes the player base should grow. Shadowing is experimenting with various marketing methods. He plans to attend PAX as well which could be a major boost for the game. The new Stargate movies will be another opportunity as well.

You are rising up and demanding immediate responses. In every other game I have played...and these are great games...your posts would either get no response, or you would get a "community manager" or "player representative" response stating your ideas have been captured and will be passed on, and that would be the end of it until 6 months later you ask what happened. We are very spoiled by the personal interaction Shadowing provides. Perhaps extend a bit more appreciation rather than demanding responses.

As a final thought, you may also wish to consider who the requestors. Who is it making these DEMANDS?

Player 1 - A person who proudly shares he has not spent any money on the game. Well, you are not contributing to pay for the game's development costs, maintenance costs or improvement costs, but yet are demanding immediate attention. What business can you go to and demand action without paying anything?

Player 2 - A hidden identity. Perhaps you are a banned player? Perhaps you are not even playing? Perhaps you play and have never contributed? I suspect QPQ is a good guy, but when you hide your identity and make demands, the two really don't go together. My experience with SL is the majority of player requests are VERY self-centered. Players want THEIR race given more power or to requests gaming changes that benefit them personally rather than for the good of the game.

Put another way, where is the Quid Pro Quo? You give you get.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 10:41 am

No, All I'm saying is I just want shadowing to tell us if he will use the idea or put the idea in a storage locker for later possibilities. Shadowing just needs to give us feedback on our feedback. I am not demanding I am joking. (we really need a sarcasm font......) I'm going to start making my jokes in a /s/Joke/s/ manner.... But I am half serious. We do need a bit of feedback.

#AttackGoatIsArmed

@ExcellionTheElocutioner

@QuidProQuoTheForumFiend

P.S. My account had three things bought for it the game the %5 at the top and the $10 at the top. Y'know, the bundles. However my account was oddly removed when the great purge happened. I never really bothered shadowing to renew it. I just made a new one. Thank you for the compliment. Nice name bomb haha. If you look at my topics then you will notice I don't want things for one race. I want things for all players. furling, onac, asgard,and gouald. /s/Though a fifth race would be nice./s/ (Noxjoke)

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 11:17 am

Hmnn... I don't think I have ever demanded anything other then jokingly. And I haven't been demanding anything in this post. I'm simply asking him to let people know that he's reading what they're suggesting and giving their opinions.

And I'm well aware I don't give him money to support the game, and I don't say that proudly. I've never said that i'm proud to not give back to the game I'm playing, not once. Furthermore, if you read any of the things I have said about the market, I have never complained about wallet lords or money. I am constantly acknowledging that Shadowing needs to make money, and none of my suggestions have ever gotten in the way of that. Some were to make more money. So yeah, I found your post very insulting...

And to what you said at the end of your thing about Quidproquo: I find that a lot of your suggestions have been VERY self beneficial. While I know that you are trying to help the game, some of your posts would have helped you out quite a bit at times you need it. Olek did much the same thing. I didn't like it.

And nothing that I've suggested is a huge change that people won't like. It's simple things like a game clock. And it's far from a demand. I don't feel entitled to play this game at all really, and I've openly said in chat that my opinions should not matter since I don't contribute to the game--which I was corrected by Shroud and his brothers who seemed far too demanding.

I think you need to read over what I typed for this post. He wanted the forums more active 2 days ago, I'm telling him that if he wants that he'll have to start letting people know that he's reading them...because I know he is. But I think that me, and anyone else who has any input would like to know what he thinks. That's far from a demand. That's a question. I want to know what he thinks. There are plenty of bad things I could say about you, things I could compare you to Olek with. You're coming off on your post as some hero who's better then everyone else. I believe you said something along the lines of "Worked with" as well...

When I have the extra money to spend I'll spend it. Right now I would be murdered in my sleep if I spent money on an online stargate game instead of paying for food and whatnots. I want to give back to Shadowing, without just buying naquadah. I've asked him before, a long time ago, if there was a way I could just donate money to him. I don't believe I ever got a reply to that, and if I did, it wasn't very helpful.

I don't play games, and I've never bought anything online. This would be a first, and I'm happy to do it.
-----

Quidproquo on - How to make the game more active!

Kelac on - How to make the game more active/player profiles

The man himself on - A way to destroy units?

Kelac on - Naq ringers

Quidproquo on - In-game mail and forum mail
-----

Those are the links I shared above. None of them would help me any more then they would help anyone else. I think you have the wrong idea about what either of us are trying to do...completely wrong. Saying we're making demands to poor shadowing who is sooo busy. Nobody's demanding, it's all suggestions and we're just looking for his 30 seconds of input.

Suggestion tab. It's meant for suggestions.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 03 2014 12:36 am

Kelac said it best. I'm done here.

#PackItUp #WeAreDoneHere

@Kelacopter

@QuidProQuoTheForumFiend