• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Oct 02 2014 12:05 am

I posted this in Jbutler's post. He has a good idea, this is just a expatiation of his idea. Click on his post and check it out. I only reposted because that post wasn't getting any attention. So in essence GO READ HIS TOPIC AND REPLY TO IT!
That's enough crazy, here we go.

Two alliances have to be within 60% of one another to agree to war. Both sides need to agree. After which, ALL MEMBERS will be able to hit anyone on both sides. The war lasts a week or until one side agrees to surrender.

The rewards

1.) 50% of the losing sides naq production and depositories(the depo is only given when the war ends and only once) Added together and distributed equally to all members of the winning side.
2.) 1000 status for the winning side.(each member)
3.) +25% planet efficiency(all planets, all members) for a week as well.
4.) any combination of 1,2, and 3. If all three, then when implemented, there will always be war.

The losses

A.) Naq production drops to 50%(because the other % is given to the vivtors)
B.) -1000 status to all members(after the war.)
C.) -25% efficiency to all planets for all members.
D.) Any combination of A, B, and C.

(I strongly assert that the numbers for rewards and losses should occur at the same time. I.E. 1 for A and 2&3 for B&C)

Wars can only be started if nobody joined or left the alliance in a week. If the war goes on for the whole week then the winner is decided based on status lost, planets stolen, SS and flagships destroyed.
200 points per planet
1000 points per Space Station (or switch with flagship.)
1500 points per Flagship (or switch with SS)
Status is equal to a point for point basis.

To start a war, no troops may be off world.
To start a war, you must not have been in a war for a week.

While in a war, NEITHER SIDE can be attacked by or attack outside players.
While in a war, you may not be declared upon or declare war with another alliance.

After a war, rewards continue for a week unless stated otherwise.
After a war, nobody can be booted or leave for a week.
After a war, both sides may not attack one another for 3-7days(OPTIONAL as it allows a cool-down period for the defeated)

#ThisMeansWar

@QuidProQuoTheSavior

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 02 2014 12:12 am

So what happens when one side has 4 million naq in each players depository and they slowly bust that out in the war?

What happens if you get a Myrddith or Locutus level wallet lord, or a naq pack alliance?

Another concern is that there is simply not enough active players in this game for a ten person alliance war system to work. Here's an idea, if you want to make Chualk truly different from Abydos, you can implement this kind of war system over there. But even then, there is only about 3 alliances that are active enough to have an actual war, maybe 3 or 4 more that could have a war, but are simply not able to be on enough to defend against any other alliance.

Idea sounds fun, but won't work in a game this small. When shadowing has 1,000 active players and is the biggest strategy game on the internet, then this might work.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Oct 02 2014 12:32 am

I like everything about it except the "no troops offworld" part. I've worked too hard too long to accumulate the amount of planets I'm sieging to just let them all go.

Now if it was something like you can't attack or siege any NEW planets then I'd be ok with it. But I've juggled my networth up and down to take the planets I have and have spent depo loads of naq to do it. In essence it wouldn't be fair to me to abandon all that time, effort, and naq I put into it. Nor would it be fair that my alliance couldn't go to war because I wouldn't give up my sieged planets.

Does anyone else feel this way on the matter of "no troops offworld"?

[edit 1]Kelac I thought you could only have 1mil in depo... but you said 4mil... How much can we have in depo?
[edit 2]@Kelac thanks +1

I swear I learn something new here everyday.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 12:39 am

4 milliion now

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 1:47 am

WHAT?!?! FOUR MILLION IN THE DEPO?!?! SHADOWING whaT is wrONg with YOu?!?! That is too much. You are killing this game dude. Nobody except wallet lords will ever get that much. STOPPIT!

@Jordjay I understand but to have a war it would be necessary. What if ally #4 is sieging someones planet when the war starts? That person loses that planet for a week. Nobody would be able to grab vacant planets for themselves. Also, QUIT SIEGING ALL THE VACANT PLANETS!!! New players and weak players need them. Take planets as you need to, don't siege a million and a half of them. That's just rude.

@Kelac You bring up a good point but shadowing needs waterboarded because of that. One million was stupid enough, but FOUR!??! Are you high? We need to stop this crap already. That would be crazy but true kelac. There are always assholes who abuse the system. I said it could be broken. Everything could be broken. Half the game is. I'm just giving my 4million pesos(that are currently in my depository.)

#GluttonyAndGreedAreBadMmmkay?

#ShadowingIsThirsty #WaterboardThirst

@Cjamieson99TheKingOfComplaints

@ShadowingTheObliterator

@QuidProQuoTheSavior

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 1:58 am

There is no shortage of vacant planets on Abydos, Quid. And I believe that he means inactives planets, and he's using them to bomb for status once an hour.

And it gets worse, Quid. The 4 mil raise from 1 mil was back when we (PE) were fighting Invincible. It was so that 25 people in an alliance could naq pack and he'd get a cha'tii ton more money. We didn't buy very much actually, only about 4-7 packs around the rollback (half way through the war). I spent literally every last piece of naq and more on that war, and it pisses me off how some people still have 2 mil left over--and Anoobis has 4 mil left over.... It's ridiculous.

• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 2:05 am

I'm only sieging 3 or 4 vacants, the rest are all owned by other players. I wouldn't complain if they were vacants, plus what I said would make zero sense if I were talking about vacants. And I'm not a wallet lord but have come close to maxing my depo a few times. Some people have "balls to the wall" strategies, me, I like to siege for status and the bonuses. Plus it's good practice for figuring the mechanics of attacking and winning. As when I started out I lost my very first Flag Ship to an inactive. (facepalm) I had no idea about how the FS's lose HP after every attack. Just like Kelac I like to have minimal losses so the math and calculations are very important to learn and understand.

[edit] Yes, what Kelac said :)

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 2:38 am

Like shadowing even reads these... lol

#HonkIfYoureReadingThis

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 3:34 am

HONK

@LordJay I thought you meant vacants, haha I stick by what I said, but you gotta think you worked hard to occupy those planets, but you could gain more from releasing them. If your side won the war then even with a the #2 or #3 it would be better. That's just by themselves. If you add them together you'd be an idiot not to want to do that. You are just a few more good posts away from getting your own tags. I like your input on topics.

@Kelac That is crazy. Shadowing is really thirsty. Besides I'm talking all alliances. Not the top wallet lords. If alliance #20 and #21 want to sissywrist-slap fight then I say let them.

P.S. Alliances #21 and #20 I meant nothing by what I said. I was only using you as an example.

#GetShadowingSomeWater #FeedTheBeast

@Cjamieson99TheKingOfComplants

@QuidProQuoTheSavior #IHaveTheWater

• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2014 3:18 pm

"an idiot"???? NO, sir or madam. I AM A SYSTEM LORD!

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 06 2014 12:49 am

LOL What I mean is with all the bonuses to war as I explain it, choosing to bombard instead of going to war would be foolish. Bombing gives you something like 1 status per building right? A war as I describe it gives you 1000. That is well more than what you could earn in a week. Unless you had 10 planets seiged with 20 bombers each and hit bombard every hour. Then sure it's more. but You forget, planet eff. and hefty naq bonus.