• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 30 2014 11:33 pm

I just typed this out nice and it got erased when I clicked 'create' without a subject line, so I'm not typing it again. I'll sum it up as easily as I can.

The battle tool is wrong. It lied to me twice and almost cost me the two victories. The losses were incorrect the first time around and he lost less then he was supposed to. It forced me to double check before re-routing and I was supposed to lose 5ms (would have been zero if the calculator was correct the first time) so I re-routed any ways and lost 1 instead of 5....

I can achieve victory doing the math myself, but without the battle tool to achieve minimal losses, I have to make a rough guess. I can get within 1 or 2 ms losses, but I would like to know how losses work exactly so I don't need the battle calculator at all and can still achieve minimal losses.

I would assume it works by HP somehow? I came up with a way while writing this, but I'd still like to see it written down somewhere for all to understand.

Bad post, I know. It was much better before it got deleted.

#GoGetThoseBuffalo

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 30 2014 11:42 pm

The calculator needs to be stopped. I looked through the forum posts tab and I see over ten suggestions and none of them being the calculator. Stop making caculator crap. Shtaaappit! Kelac I am disappointed in you. Why was this not a complaint of the day? Get your sh!t together! You are the king of complaints aren't you?

#KillItWithFire

@KelacGetItTogether

@QuidProQuoTheSavior

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 30 2014 11:42 pm

The battle tool uses the same code as battles in the game?

Yah I'm going to give this forum some much needed updates in a few weeks

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 30 2014 11:49 pm

Maybe so, but it must have a few bugs, Shadowing. It has given me different answers each time I used it for my little skirmish today.

I'm thinking it has to do with obviation not being included from race/person/stance. I'll look at it a bit when I get the chance and try to pinpoint exactly what happened.

@quidproquo I chose the name so that shadowing may actually look at it, lol. It's not so much a complaint as it is a suggestion to create a few forum posts for now about how losses work and then add it to the guide later.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 01 2014 12:03 am

I haven't used the battle calc in a couple months. When I do the calcs by hand the numbers match.

Voldy, just do the calcs by hand, the use the battle calc and compare. If they differ, "show your work" to Shadowing. Either he can find your error, or he can see the issue with the battle tool.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Oct 01 2014 12:07 am

Well he did look at your other ones. Shadowing looks at all the forum posts, seeing as there are only 2-3 a day. I will let this one slide.

Shadowing the calculator needs to be stopped. Nobody really wanted this. I know I have made at least 7 suggestions in the past week, you have made a few yourself and other people have too. The calculator is lazy and unnecessary. I understand that you took time out of your day to build something to help the game but, it was not needed and nobody really wanted it. A few people use it but still.

#KillItWithFire

@CJamieson99TheKingOfComplaints

@ShadowingTheOppressor

@QuidProQuoTheSavior

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 01 2014 12:14 am

Lol, good post, Quo.

@Vitopian, I plan to do just that. I'm going to look into it a bit later and try and find what went wrong. I really do believe that it had to have been some sort of obviation not kicking in.

I don't spend so I have to hit minimal losses as much as possible. Winning is easy--15% more points then they have--but knowing what ships you will lose is kind of blurry. I can make a rough guess based on how many bombers you need to protect whatever number of ms, but I can't be exact without a better explanation of how obviation works (15% of what?). Salvage is easy, 15% of the naq you spent on the ships back, but Obviation.... 15% of what? This part of the game, how it works, is very blurry.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 01 2014 12:46 am

On another note: I do like how salvage is included in the battle tool. I think that's a nice addition. But I hate the rest of it.