• Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 29 2014 9:16 am

Dear Shadowing,

Profiles look extremely stupid now. In fact, I would go as far as to say they repulse me and and make me consider why I am playing this game at all. Badges for spending? Clearly a ploy to turn this PE "reversing charges" into a money grab. I'm sorry, but that's literally what it is.
-----

Now that I have my hate for your recent battle tool changes out of my system, here are some super funtastic suggestions!
-----

Badges are a fine idea, kind of like achievements for doing cha'tii , but achievement is already taken. If you are doing badges, you should do lots and lots of badges and use them as a goal for people to complete in-game and show off. Make a badge for everything you can possibly imagine, not just spending. Keep spending in there, but make like 30 ones that can actually be worked towards to keep people interested in your game.

This could be a great thing for the game if you do it right, and it's really super simple.

A few examples of badges to work towards: 10 stations, 25 stations, one for each status level starting with Goa'uld and ending with God, Flag Ship destroyer, Canadian, 50k and 100k networth, taking your first station, building your first flag ship and first ms, winning your first attack, winning 100 attacks, losing your first attack (but don't do too many failure badges, a few would be cool though).

Seriously, get it up to 30-40 badges!

Also, if you could make them pop up in the top centre of the window so that you feels special, that would be super awesome!
-----

Back to my original point - I strongly think that the layout of the game would look a lot cleaner and more professional if you had badges as a second tab in the Player Profile windows. As it is now, it is all stretched out and looks awful. I really like the profiles the way they were, they were perfect. Please put them back for a cleaner game.

One tab for Profile, and another for Badges. Remember that! Don't make me hunt you down, mister!
-----

And for the love of Nanako, please change my name to Voldemort or Kelac in the forum! lol

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 29 2014 9:23 am

Shadowing can you make him a badge for "the most annoying forum poster".

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 29 2014 9:28 am

I'm afraid that would have to go to Cakes, since his input isn't actually input, it's more just ".".

But I'll take "Best Forum Hater" and "I stole Demogorgon's wife" and "So bored I actually use the forum".

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 29 2014 10:49 am

achievement badges are cool, I really hate the badge for people who spend on the game saying they are loyal members, I think it takes the piss as some people are loyal game members but cant afford to buy stuff so its offensive to them.

also just because someone spends money it doesn't make them loyal to the game.

but as for badges for achievements that EVERYBODY can get and not just PEOPLE WITH MONEY that would be awesome and 100% fair and not penalize non spenders.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 29 2014 11:58 am

I agree with my fellow players but in Shadowing's defense, a badge for those who supported the game with the $20 pack is not unreasonable. This game would not exist without donations. That one particular donation is distinguished from the rest as being more to cover the game's per player expense. A one-time $20 cost to play the game is not unreasonable.

A badge for continued spending, ya I get the overall concern with that.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 29 2014 12:02 pm

im not saying spending is a bad thing, its good for the continued growth of the game, it just is not fair to people who are loyal to game and cant afford a 20$ pack and penalizes them for it.

also these are achievement badges, there is no achievement in buying something, its just the same as everything else in game that people call achievement like networth/status/stations which is also not a achievement, everything here can be bought and not earned, now to be a loyal game member you have to buy that as well.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 29 2014 2:04 pm

Hmn, so, Kynell, are you saying that there is absolutely no point to this game? lol

And I don't care about non spenders not being able to get one badge, I'm talking about the idea behind it. I also agree with Vitopian about the 20 dollar pack, I think that one is okay to have a badge for, but this whole extending it for something that doesn't seem to even be real is kind of a money grab.

Again, not what this forum post turned into. It's more of a suggestion. And make a separate tab for badges!
------

Also, another idea for badges. Along with popping up in the top centre of the screen, they could also show up in galaxy chat or in alliance chat at least maybe. That way your alliance could see what you're doing.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 29 2014 3:21 pm

no not saying its pointless to play, just saying everything on this game can be bought, achievement badges should remain as a achievement only and not something that needs to be bought, buying it does not make it a achievement even if it is 1$.

and I find it kind of insulting that you only get classed as a loyal player if you buy a 20$ pack, there is plenty of people who are far more loyal players to the game than most of the walletlords and they don't spend anything.

people spending money = there own personal gain, NOT GAME LOYALTY
people loyal to the game whether they spend money or not= GAME LOYALTY

my personal opinion is its a little kick in the teeth to the actual loyal guys who don't spend money on the game for whatever there reasons of not spending.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 29 2014 9:37 pm

System Lords, and every other F2P game, is populated by players who fall into one of 3 general categories:

1. Players without money who have lots of time.

2. Players with money who have little time.

3. Players who have a reasonable amount of time and money. Perhaps they can play at work. Perhaps they are students who earn tips, are prostitutes or whatever so they work but they choose to spend their time here and can spend $20-40/month playing a game.

Each of the above CAN contribute to the game. Those with money contribute by providing resources (i.e. money) which pays to cover the game costs (hosting, development, maintenance, etc). Those with time who lack money can contribute by helping new players, making player guides, sharing knowledge, etc.

I get what Kynell is sharing. Just because someone spends money doesn't make them loyal. With that understood, without money the game would not exist. Without money, the game ends. So a one-time recognition to those players who support this game with the one time $20 "donation" is not unreasonable.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Sep 29 2014 10:39 pm

My favorite post by Kelac so far. Although I agree with the badges idea I can help but post this link for your enjoyment.

Click here watch this video it'll make sense in the end. lmao

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 30 2014 1:02 am

Ok I'm pretty sure I'm in the top 10 poorest adults to play the game and I still find a way to throw some money Shadowing's way now and again. It's my personal opinion anyone who's played the game more then a week should contribute something, even if it's only $5. If you can afford internet, you can certainly afford to throw $5 towards your entertainment. Even homeless people blow $5 now and then. It's all about priorities. Anyone who's played for months and say they can't afford to donate anything is either a liar, or delusional, and perhaps both.

Even being dirt-poor, after I played for a week I felt obligated to give something to Shadowing for his time and effort. It was only $5 to begin, but it was what I could afford. Nobody is entitled to have free entertainment. Entertainment is something you earn. As poor as I am I'm fed up with all the people complaining about money when I'm sure 90% of them have more then me.

Sorry I went off topic but was compelled to respond to the reply of someone else.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 30 2014 1:20 am

I completely agree with Enlil. My friend would probably stab me in my sleep if I spent his money here right now though, lol. But I've said a few times, once I find a new job, or try to find a new job, I'll start blowing alliance packs out every which way.