• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 28 2014 2:35 am

I hate the battle tool and everything it stands for. shel kree the battle tool, I say!

The battle tool is great for learning the game and mechanics, but it makes it too easy. Let people do the math for themselves, otherwise you have a simple game where everything is automatic and there is much less skill involved.

Don't get me wrong, I am not underestimating the average players inability to use common sense to problem solve and make a successful attack, and that doesn't matter any more, because now it's a simple matter of pressing the battle tool button and doing what it tells you. I don't like it. I like that at four in the morning I often will make a foolish mistake like forgetting to include the defenders race benefits. I like that it takes an extra minute and a half to add up the defenders turret tech and station defence, and that I have to memorize what each war sat has in what stance. I like that it takes a little bit of extra time and thought into the game to play it.

How 'bout a more detailed guide that new people can read to learn the game mechanics and understand them. I have explained 3 times today, to two different people, how the mechanics work, and only one of them understood it. It's pretty simple really, it is just hard to explain.

I want my money back. I didn't not pay for a game that plays itself.
------

Please, everyone, I urge you to take a minute out of your busy day and enjoy this video that that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, but is almost entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 28 2014 2:41 am

Actually I'm doing this to the battle tool cause people keep sending me emails asking me to do the math for them as to why they lost.

Or them losing to many units etc..

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 2:43 am

Shadowing, I hate you. Please, allow me to put you on ignore.

And don't you DARE watch my buffalo video!

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 28 2014 2:44 am

I can't provide support on that level. People will just get upset and quit instead of looking into it further or asking others.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 2:45 am

God dammit, stop making me feel sorry for you! I'm trying to hate you right now!

• Lordwayob
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • If you can't beat 'em barbecue 'em
Sep 28 2014 3:01 am

... Kelac... why... just... why....

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 3:11 am

REMOVE THE BATTLE TOOL FROM THE GAME!

DEATH TO THE BATTLE TOOL!

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 28 2014 3:30 am

I see both sides, but I do agree with Kelac. Why make Chess into checkers for people who are too lazy to learn chess. Let them go play checkers. I guess Kelac and I must be some sort of super-geniuses since we figured it out. I mean come one. Really? lol.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 3:34 am

lol, I like that. Chess into checkers!

• Lordjay777
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!"
Sep 28 2014 4:10 am

I am one of those who Kelac helped today and it was much appreciated. I use the battle tool as a general guide and not a definitive final answer. I have made my own spreadsheet which works well for me. As long as I know certain info I can put it in my sheet and plan my attacks accordingly. Honestly the battle tool is a great help for those just starting out or casual players who don't play everyday to know the ins and outs or feel comfortable asking for help in chat. My spreadsheet is similar to the battle tool except that I understood it more than battle tool. Now that Kelac explained to me how battle tool works things have gone better for me with my attack plans.

So I guess I'm on the fense. If battle tool were not around I'm sure someone would come up with something to share that would be similar. Shadowing just happened to be the person to come up with it. Point is someone was gonna do it and we'd have it in some way, shape or form anyway.

Think of it as training wheels. I'm sure some of you higher up veteran players rarely use the battle tool cause you can figure it out in your heads. It's there to help those starting out. I didn't know how to use it at first so I rarely did, but now it's a good way to double check my own math. Wow I think I'm babbling... Am I babbling? Yeah it's late I must be...

TL-DR Battle Tool is helpful. The rest is just me babbling.

Sully my reputation for your own amusement? I am coming for you! You HAVE been warned.
  • Binar
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hakuna Matatta
Sep 28 2014 4:11 am

It pretty uch comes down to the fact that eople dont want to waste endurance to do tech esp to get all the needed info in order to do the proper math without using the battle tool. This game is strictly about math. Whoever has the most points wins. Its really not that hard to figure out. As long as people have beyond a 6th grade math level then it's pretty easy to do all of the math associated with System Lords.

The battle tool should be used as a guide. Not be fully accurate for the lazy people that cant figure something as simple as attack and defense points out. Just my $.02.

I am Binar
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 4:28 am

@Jay, We still use the battle tool most of the time because it's there. I can do Some attacks in my head, just based of rough numbers and then overkill it by a bit, and somethings I have memorized. But if I had 3 minutes, I could do it without the tool.

@Binar Nice. I wasn't expecting you to be on my side here for some reason. I'm talking about a very basic battle tool, like it was a week ago without race/personality/stance involved. If he adds war sats, stations, or turret tech, I'm done. I'm out. Screw this, I'm going home.

[1] 2 Next >>