• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 26 2014 1:57 am

We had two wars that never happened, one started by artashir trying to kill the world. One by shadowing doing the same thing. I saved you all(payment via earth money made out to Shadowing@QuidProQuo's account) I helped demo get his groove back and lose his butthurt(tickets to the opening movie on sale now!) Kelac came up with some good complaining(see his posts #TheRentIsTooHigh and #WhatTimeIsIt) But the problem is, nobody really visits the forum and makes their own posts.

I only have one way to fix this. Naquadah.(I doubt this will work but here goes.)

Give the players a naq boost on making a topic. Let's say +1000 a day to both servers but only the first topic you make counts. +200(both servers) for your first 5 posts on the forum(making topics not included and only one +100 per topic.) This way people will actually want to post on the forums.

Problems: spamming posts. That's it. People making topics to get the 500 and not having anything to say.

EXAMPLE:

TOPIC: money
SUBJECT MATTER: gimmiegimmie.

A way to stop it.

When someone posts topics and replies they don't get the naquadah till the next day(24hours or people will spam at midnight) and to stop spammers make dishonorables take away 200 naq from the amount the person would gain the next day. This should not be able to take earned, in-game money away.

Example:
I post a topic and 5 replies on other peoples topics. I have 2000 naq to be given to me tomorrow.
4 people did not like what I had to say. and 5 people did.
honor gives nothing, but dishonor takes 200 away so it looks like this:

+1000(topic)
+200x5(replies)
-200x4(dishonor)
-------
+1200 to be given to me tomorrow.

or what if I spammed? I would make people mad and it would look like this.

+1000(topic)
+200x5(replies)
-100x9001(dishonor)
-------
+0 naq.

This should not take away from in game money.
It should just be an incentive to get people to post.
I might be the only one who likes this idea.
IDK But If I was not active on the forums this would make me reconsider.
I mean, free naq right? Who is with me?

#MakeItRain(Sorry kelac, I kinda stole the hashtag Idea from you. I thought it was funny)

@QuidProQuoTheChosenOne

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Andy1985
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 26 2014 1:59 am

I would upvote this if it wasn't for the fact that Shadowing doesn't have the time for this. maybe if there was a moderator that could do it then yeah, but other than that i would rather Shadowing focus on fixing and bringing new stuff to the game.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 26 2014 2:04 am

Point of the hashtags is to start a trend. Steal all you like!

And I'm not too fond of this idea. Although it's a good idea to get the forums more active, I simply think it will result in far too many posts about unimportant things. Most forum posts are pointless and messy, I think that leads to people not caring.

Me and Quidproquo are starting a revolution!

Make well written, easy to read and understand forum posts and people will read and comment on them. Quidproquo has shown that if you do that, comments will follow.

#AntiMakeItRain
--------

I do know a lot of people that read forum posts but don't comment. Most people are like that, and that's fine. Naq bonuses won't encourage them to comment since the reason they don't is because they don't care enough about their input to do so. The people that care will comment, no need to encourage more forum spam.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 26 2014 2:42 am

Ya I do like ideas of getting the forum more active. Will see what more people say on this.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 26 2014 6:07 am

Hey Shadowing, can you delete the double of this post and the Ban cakes one? I was wrong on that. I think this Idea is nice though, you could even jack the naq bonus to 2500 for the topic and 500 for each reply, but you'd need to up the dishonor to 500 to make sure that within 10 dishonors they would gain nothing. Or take the dishonor negative to 1/5th of the maximum bonus naq. Even though this sounds like it would take a lot of time, I think it is worth it to see more action in the forums.

Thank you for the props Kelac.

@QuidProQuoTheChosenOne

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)