• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Sep 24 2014 12:04 pm

If it was not for threaders I wouldn't have done half as much damage as I did yesterday. Stop changing the best ideas you have had.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 24 2014 1:07 pm

Gliders used to be BY FAR the most overpowered unit in the game when they had 7k attack / 8k defense. That problem was corrected when their attack was cut to 4k. Now their primary use is defense. They are horrible to use on offense.

The only place they have to be used for attacking is Onac's. Even then, they are better economically to use than jaffa, but not all that much. The balance is pretty damn good right now for Onacs. You shared the #s and, if I recall correctly, they are the least popular race. You can trust the player base would have made them the most popular race if they offered a distinct advantage.

If you allow gates to be buried or moved, I suggest it has a timer so players can't bury / unbury their gate every few days.

I agree their should be more gate defense options available such as an advanced tech, achievement or whatever, but most players are not properly using what's in game now. There are gated planets with 1 gate defense yet 100 mines and turrets. Bad gameplay will be a problem no matter what adjustments are made.

TLDR - Leave Onac's as-is

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Locutusbrg
  • Irregular
  • 9 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 24 2014 1:14 pm

Just make staff count against gate attacks again

• Madman523
  • Irregular
  • 15 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i am the manifestation of nanakos will
Sep 24 2014 1:29 pm

never get rid or change my wonderful threaders, that is the only draw to going onac, waiting is for loosers, threaders are instant and amazing.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Sep 24 2014 3:46 pm

why change them there not OP if you have a gated world you run the risk of space aids via jaffa(whatever the hell you want to call them) and or threaders i think it makes since gated worlds are wroth more but have more risk to the owner

this is different from what we are talking about

but maybe make more units for the game each with its pro and cons

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Ev3nturer
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 24 2014 4:03 pm

The only unit in the game capable of counteracting gate threaders are the Jaffa which are a lot more expensive compared to threaders, which are something like 62% more efficient in attack points compared to Jaffa. So you can nerf threaders when attacking through the stargate so that it has a similar efficiency to that of Jaffa and it will be balanced.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 24 2014 4:25 pm

On soundwaves idea, the only way to get a gate shield is to have reached 100 sg def on the planet. Yeah sure someone would then destroy some stargate def afterwards but I say let them keep it. They would have spent enough that they should get to keep it. New people that take over that planet would have to build the stargate def back up to earn the gate shield again for themselves. The infiltration mission sounds nice. Make one mission to turn off the gate shield, and put it at the bottom of the missions list so it has the highest difficulty. it should be second only to stealing ships.

Well there is my $27.50 worth of my 2cents. lol

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Madman523
  • Irregular
  • 15 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i am the manifestation of nanakos will
Sep 24 2014 5:46 pm

Jaffa have othrr uses than to atk but thearders don't, the entire point of going onac is for them.

• Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Sep 24 2014 7:20 pm

It is an advantage for a reason. I see no problem with it then again I have not been a victim to an attack from them either. Each race has their benefits and plus the ability is consistant to that of the show. So it makes sense. I do not think anything should be changed personally regarding the gliders. You could perhaps tweak aspects around that though. Like how defense works or race bonuses or counter measures. I have no clue personally I think things are fine the way they are but it is up to you in the end.

Lord Money$eal
  • Hawkleg
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 18
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmfwcl!!
Oct 02 2014 4:10 am

could always give the other 3 races comparable units

onac----gate threaders (make them a separate unit apart from death gliders)

goa'uld-----kull warriors

asgard-----armored warriors

furlings-----since not much is known about them maybe design a ship similar to the device used to transport o'neill and maybourne to the moon in paradise lost

was watchin season 7 sg-1 and just inspired this because of how destructive the kull were

whoop x2
<< Previous 1 [2]