• Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 24 2014 4:22 pm

Very disappointing thread. Some quick notes:

1. Jeopardy questions added to the game was a FANTASTIC idea. It boosted player activity in game, which is a good thing. It got players talking more about Stargate and the game, which is another good thing. Some passionate discussions (arguments) arose, which is not bad either.

2. Demo volunteered his time, which is a good thing as well. It's great to see members of the community help the game. He is also doing so with the gaming videos. We can find the faults, but we should all commend his efforts.

3. On Shadowing's side, there should definitely be a couple changes:

a. Calling it "Demogorgon Jeopardy" is not a good idea. It attaches the event to an individual player. Simply calling it Jeopardy would be best.

b. "Jeopardy Rules" should be posted and consistent. This does not need to be overly complicated. A few examples:

b1 - All questions with names must take the form of "who". All other questions should be phrased with "what". "What is Jack Oneill" would not be a valid response.

b2 - Any questions where spelling is important should have that stated in the question. If someone responds "Who is Jack Oneil?" should that be accepted as correct? Or is it wrong because the last name is mis-spelled? A decision should be made.

b3 - I recommend highly active, non-controversial players be the ones who run Jeopardy. If I run it, for example, there are some players who would be unhappy because I took their SS or whatever and they may not like me because of it, otherwise I would gladly volunteer.

4. If there is a problem, discuss THE PROBLEM ITSELF without attacking the player running the program.

I would very much like to see the Jeopardy system promptly restored along with other similar activities started.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 24 2014 4:50 pm

OH, Anoobis, nobody but Demogorgon ruined it for everyone else. If you read my post you would know that. And besides, it wasn't me, it was Enlil that posted a suggestion after a mistake made by Demogorgon. He then went on the other server and refused to give the first 4 people to win naquadah, trying to blame me and enlil and Lebowski saying it's our fault....when none of us said any of the things he was saying.

A editor was suggested, that has nothing to do with spelling your answers exactly. Which is stupid for many reasons, one that means you are forced to google all questions....and two, it leads to an argument when there is more then one way to spell it on the internet.

The problem is that Demogorgon has a history of being bias and trying to turn people against eachother. What everyone wants is a straight question with a simple, straight answer, not all this bull cha'tii because he wants to throw a temper tantrum just to blame someone else. The screenshots I posted are proof that he is not yet ready to run a mini game like this. They show that he clearly ruined it for everyonelse himself for personal reasons.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 24 2014 10:34 pm

you guys are all:

noobs
choobs
froobs
mcnooballs
mcchooballs
mcfrooballs
neeblets
nooblets
fruit cakes
hairy muffed kresh'taa s

kelac you all of the above but you also a frooblet

I own u
come at me bro
shel kree u
go suck of general Hammond

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 25 2014 1:16 am

The issue with it being Jeopardy rules is that the questions have to be fine tuned and without controversy. There can be no wiggle room in the final answer. I think a change to the format is a good way to go. A straight trivial pursuit style game would work well. Set questions with set answers. There can ever be special questions once a day that has maybe 3 answers so multiple people can win, or one person can go for a sweep and take the whole thing. If that happens there could be a bonus prize that tops the total winnings to 100k in naq.

I am not even saying that Demo cannot continue to run the trivia since it was his idea. I just think changes need to be made to eliminate any issues.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
<< Previous 1 [2]