• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 24 2014 4:37 am

I want to start by saying I actually like the idea of the trivia questions. It is a fun way for people to show off their stargate knowledge while providing a break from some of the slower moments of game play. However I think an overhaul of the current system is required. In too many situations the questions have been worded so that more than one answer has been given that is actually correct. With Jeopardy there should be no wiggle room whatsoever with the final answer. There have also been multiple occasions where people have pointed out that the answer provided was not correct. I will give a few examples.

1) This person's phone number is number 2 on Gen. Hammond's Red Phone in his office. Answer: His Grandkids.
-This is incorrect. The President's number is actually the second speed dial
on his phone. His grandkids is option number one. Epsiode is Unnatural
Selection from season 6.

2) This secret russian military base's original funtion was an experimental power facility prior to be used for the russian stargate program. Answer: Kuybyshev Airbase.
-This is incorrect. Kuybyshev Airbase is the location that their cargo plane
takes off from. They need to parachute into the base where the stargate is
located. The name of the base is never given. Episode Watergate season 4.

This is just two examples but there have been more.

The biggest problem with the questions is that they are so poorly worded. Demo is trying to hard to make the questions clever and several problems result from this. When multiple people are able to find faults with the questions something needs to corrected. Simple over sight from another person would go a long way to making things more excepting.

Another issue I see is that members of Demo's alliance are allowed to answer the trivia questions. I know that they will say that is unfair but there is too much of a conflict of interest involved. While Shadowing could monitor their alliance chat and whispers he cannot do anything about private skype conversations between them. Earlier tonight Enlil provided an answer that was as correct as Nefertiti's. Due to the question being worded poorly multiple answers were possible. But Nef's answer was accepted over Enlil's.

Question: A stargate transfers matter into_______, and transfers it through______.
Enlil: What is energy and a wormhole?
Nefertiti: What is energy and subspace?

Demo later says the proper answer would have been subspace wormhole. As far as the show is concerned a wormhole is a tunnel through subspace. So Enlil should have won but the prize was rewarded to Nefertiti, a member of Demo's alliance. I am not saying that is the reason she won but it cannot be denied that a possibility of abuse of the system.

Also tonight when Demo was repeatedly challenged on his questions he said that anyone that wishes to complain will be banned from answer questions for a period of time. Whether this is just him venting or not it is a clear abuse of power from his position. He needs to understand that the issues with his questions is why he receives so much criticism and not to lash out and complain that people are in his words " gonach ing about everything."

I think that the trivia needs to be suspended until a proper system can be instituted. This can also include a proper complaint forum for players to submit concerns and questions regrading the trivia questions.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 24 2014 4:42 am

No more Trivia or GNT questions ether anymore.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 24 2014 4:44 am

I expected this very response from you. you cannot deny that an overhaul of the system is required. The idea is a good one and I commend you for wanting to give something to the game to change things up. But there are issues that often result in conversations over the possible answer to your questions. A little oversight is required and no one can complain.

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 4:50 am

I have given my time and energy to do this service in which I get nothing back. I have made a few mistakes yes. But the gonach ing, name calling, and the disrespect has gone out of hand.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 24 2014 4:55 am

The problems arise when people point out the inaccuracies and you immediately launch into attacks of people are gonach ing. That is a childish way to deal with these issues. Also just because some people are insulting you over these questions does not mean that everyone is doing that. I have not insulted you here and I did not use any form of profanity in my suggestions. You are the one that often begins the name calling. So when it comes down to disrespect you are just as guilty if not more so than most people.

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 4:59 am

It's done and over with.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 24 2014 5:04 am

An example of his thick headed arrogant personality getting the better of him:

http://i.imgur.com/riltb0V.png

I also like the idea of the trivia questions, but I don't like the way it's being run. I avoid answering them as much as possible, because I really don't care about them. What I do care about is the way he Over used his position of power in this example to make Enlil, myself, and Lebowski look bad at the expense of the average player looking to make some quick naq in a supposedly fair trivia game. He changed the rules in a way that had nothing to do with Enlil's suggestion of getting an editor.

What was suggested was an editor, so that the questions would be phrased better and leaving less room for error. Demogorgon blew this out of proportion and decided to make some new rule that answers would have to be spelled exactly correct due to his idea that "people won't stop gonach ing" and his continuous name dropping throughout his purposely obtuse rants. This clearly lead to mass confusion and hysteria.

His self-proclaimed admin position has let too much power go to his head and he's messing with the game. Let him do his trivia, just make it clear to him that the rules are set in place, and he can't go changing them to make a point to a few people he has personal issues with at the expense.

I think it's obvious that I don't like Demogorgon, that has no effect on my input here. This is not because I don't like Demogorgon, this is exactly WHY I don't like Demogorgon.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 5:07 am

Want to point out that the last word in that question was 'a', preceeding the blank space.

A wormhole...

or...

A subspace...

He said the answer he was looking for was 'subspace wormhole', in which case, I did feel that 'wormhole' was a valid answer and 'subspace' was not at all. Nefertiti answered 'subspace' after i answered with 'wormhole', and she indeed get the naqidah. Many people stated concerns that he was favoring his alliance. I previously doubted such allegations, but the answer 'a subspace' makes no sense at all and my answer clearly did. I think we can all agree that it's obvious i meant a 'subspace wormhole' as opposed to a hole a worm dug in the ground. In the series they regularly excluded the word 'subspace' when referring to wormholes.

It's apparent from his crude language Demogorgon does not like me much. Now I have to wonder if it did not indeed influence his decision. I have on multiple occassions in the past pointed out that someone else had a correct answer or that his questions were worded so poorly you could not conceivably know which one of the 5 possible answers are correct. I thought it was constructive criticism. I was trying to improve the system. I win almost daily anyway. Demogorgon does not handle criticism well and usually responds with curses.

I tried to suggest he get an editor, which he got mad about, though he has clearly given naqidah to the wrong people on a regular basis. I even offered to exclude myself from answering the questions in trade for him having someone look his questions over for everyone elses benefit. I honestly tried my best to offer solutions but only get verbally assaulted by Demogorgon. I love getting free naq daily, but the cost is too great. I would rather just see trivia gone at this point.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 24 2014 5:21 am

http://i.imgur.com/begSkVa.png

Just another example.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 10:53 am

some stuff could be changed on it, no need for this topic and most of the replies, good job on making him quit doing the trivia tho and ruining it for everyone else.

I don't play it really because I have enough naq and I let noobs answer it so they can grow faster but I like it and it was good for the game.

you guys have ruined it for everyone.

shel kree you
noob
choob
froob
I own u

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 24 2014 12:08 pm

No demo being an child about receiving simple criticisms is the reason it's done, if it actually is finished. I have clear and respectful criticisms of an extremely flawed system and if he is going to act like a brat and take his toys and go home then that is all on him.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 24 2014 4:17 pm

Okay this is bullshiit. "all I have gotten in return is insults" I gave you props for doing the trivia. I told you it was really cool what you do. Don't hate your haters love them. When someone loves you they keep you on their mind and they talk about you. When someone hates you they also keep you on their mind and they talk about you. Both ways show they care. You must be doing something right demo. Some people like to complain, let them. Some people give constructive criticism let them, you need this. It helps you make whatever you are doing better.

Don't let this stuff get you down. You made it to this point, you are an important part of the game man. You give people 30,000 naq with but a simple question. You give alliances a chance to earn 50,000 naq too. This is a great thing. Don't let some words stop you from doing what you love dude. Don't be a wimp and biitch out. Don't focus on the bad. Focus on this: Imagine the person behind the computer that won. They are smiling. You were an important part of their day. Even if they don't admit it in game.

Quid Pro Quo, now post on my topics hahaha. But seriously man, even I have haters. I got a message by a guy named Icewolf saying to shut the shel kree up. I don't hate him. We all have opinions, don't get butthurt from someone else's opinion.

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
[1] 2 Next >>