• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 20 2014 8:09 am

Why did sg1 never implement the powerful tech that they find EVERYWHERE?

sodan cloaking device.

Tons of guns

Only I(god) know how many useful tech tools they picked up.

Gouald hand thing

but nobody ever did, ever.

they used like 6 things later, but never the good stuff.

sg1 y u do dis????

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 20 2014 8:23 am

They pretty much used everything. They used the Goa'uld hand devices against Seth, but only Carter and Jacob could use them and in most situations, guns were more effective. As for guns they found, none had a scope, or even a sight, so earth weapons were much more effective. The most advanced gun I saw was only used by Teal'c to take down Tanith's Al'kesh(and also where another Teal'c comes through from an alternate reality).

The Sodan Cloaking device they tried to use but the radiation it emits is fatal to humans and is essential to deter the gene-altering monster-making parasites from another dimension. Teal'c could use them and did in one episode where they went to a Sodan world and encountered a crazed Sodan warrior affected by a prior disease.
Anyways, it involved being out-of phase, which meant if Teal'c was using it, he could not communicate with the other members of SG-1, making it only useful in specific situations.

Just saying. They did do all that. Maybe you should watch the series more closely ;)

Even got their hands on the Asgard core tech, along with Asgard beaming tech, sensors, shields, and beam weapon. Where were you? lol

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 20 2014 9:08 am

I've been watching the series again and I'm still like, well even if teal'c is out of phase, he could drop it, report, then hit it again. Super scouting. But the guns, put a scope on there. or just save the pistols that never run out of charge. Screw the glock or colt or beretta and go with a energy pistol. I'm just saying they had ample opportunity to upgrade.

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 20 2014 10:18 am

sg1 y u do dis????

the correct way to say that is SG1 why you do this????

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Sep 20 2014 1:35 pm

It is common for SG personal to carry Zats in the field. The naquadah generators is a reversed engineering of an alien technology. The TER's was tokra tech they reverse engineered. The modifications to their weapons to take down the super soldiers is based on ancient tech. They are constantly using the technology and weapons they find on their trips through the gate.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 21 2014 2:36 pm

Yeah, but not to the extent that they should be. They use some but only some. They needed to use more. I'm just saying. I know they did I'm just complaining, don't mind me.

• Darigone
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • BLOP BLEP BLOB
Sep 26 2014 9:01 pm

I know this is kinda late, but what about the space ships they used? Near the end, they depended on them heavily. In Stargate Atlantis they used a ship to transport supplies between galaxies.

• Sunniva
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Stargate Geekness is moi
Oct 14 2014 10:17 pm

As said before, they used Zat's extensively. Staff weapons had been used, but as Jack said, it was a weapon of fear, the P90 was a weapon of war. The F302 was essentially an Earth version of the Death Glider and I think, correct me if I'm wrong, our own version of the staff canon was fitted later on. They used a lot of Asgard tech. There is an awful lot in here >>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_technology_in_Stargate

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the shadow with teeth bared."