• Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Sep 15 2014 3:27 am

Ok So My New Idea Is There Should Be New Restrictions To Getting A Flagship
The On I Propose There Should Be A Minimum Amount Of Motherships In Order To Build A Flagship I Propose That Amount Be 12 Motherships As Well Current Requirements Being Included This Way It Noobs Wont Just Outright Buy A Flagship With Out Being Able To Defend It Then Complain They Lost It Unfairly Besides Only The Bigger Military Forces In Stargate Series Had A Flagship So Should Be Same Here Sence Its A Stargate Game :)

Suntzu
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 15 2014 3:30 am

I don't think it's a huge issue with noobs losing flag ships because they can't protect them. I got my flag ship when I had 4ms and 60-10 gliders at any time and took a bunch of stations and status before joining Eternity. Vitopian did the same thing. You can't stop somebody from being an idiot, no point in a minimum networth requirement for a flag ship since the people that would lose them will lose them anyway.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 15 2014 3:37 am

This week we will take flagships from noobs. Next week we will take their birthdays away.

They will probably need to have bombers to protect a mothership then too, and gliders to defend their bombers before they build those. Then make it so they need a bunch of jaffa to defend their gliders.

Worst idea ever. Let's do it!

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 15 2014 3:43 am

To Expand On Your Brilliant Idea, Enlil: A Minimum Of 20 Planets, 3 Stations, And 200,000 Naq In The Depo Before Being Allowed To Build Any Jaffa Too.

• Allan1991
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Sep 15 2014 3:50 am

there is a reason for a minimum sence when do you see a goa'uld or any race having a flagship with a very small military to back it up in the stargate series so this idea is to make things more realistic not to destroy noobs nor is it to prevent people from ever getting on....

Suntzu
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 15 2014 3:54 am

Because the Goauld with fleets in the show are the big goauld, the small ones are also smaller characters. How do you know they don't have flag ships? I'm pretty sure their flag ship is just the one that the Goauld rides in.

It has nothing to do with realism, it's just a game. Anyone with enough resources an build a Flag Ship, just as they can in the show, it's up to them to decide when they think they're ready.

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 15 2014 5:00 am

How about just a minimum networth. Say 15,000-20,000 is needed to build a flagship. And 25,000 minimum for a space station.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 15 2014 5:10 am

I don't see why it matters either way. All either of those ideas will do is make Shadowing do a bunch of extra work and programming, likely leading to more bugs. Can we not just leave a system that works as it is? There is no problem with the way that stuff works right now, no need to complicate it further.

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 16 2014 2:50 am

First, allan your grammar is horrid. I'm not sorry. Second, good idea in essence but wrong way to go about it. I agree with demogorgon. A net worth prerequisite sounds good. Then it doesn't matter if the person whines about losing it. They had all the chances to properly build their army to protect it. A ship based prerequisite leads to other ship prerequisites.

250 jaffa to get another glider = 750
5 gliders to get another al'kesh = 3,750
4 al'kesh to get another mothership = 15,000
6 motherships to get your first flagship = 102,000

But built like this in a pyramid it would cost waaay too much. (T)= total

30,000 jaffa for the flagship = (T) 90,000
120 gliders for the flagship = (T) 90,000
24 al'kesh for the flagship = (T) 90,000
6 motherships to get your first flagship = 102,000 + 110,000 for the flagship.

GRAND TOTAL= 482,000.

While not impossible, it is annoying. and that is just for the first run through the pyramid build scheme which your post will ultimately lead to if left unchecked. This math is correct and very annoying to look at.

You don't want this, nobody wants this. This would make people hate things they once loved. Mass panic and confusion would run rampant and then people might even think of going outside, away from the safety of the internet. Then as the light touched their darkness-bleached skin they would burst into fire and start looting stores for sun-block. Once they have that they will go after grenades(passing up all firearms for explosives) and rocket propelled ones at that! This leads to another world war that will unleash nuclear missiles like confetti at weddings(have you seen a wedding?!?!?!) Then nuclear winter hits. ARE YOU AN ESKIMO?!?!?! I'm not, and chances are neither are you. The only thing to sustain our weakened, irradiated bodies would be russian water,(VODKA FTW!!!)twinkies(that shiit could make it through a sun exploding) and whatever mcdonalds' fries are made out of.(watch super size me. seriously) Then we would be half burnt, half frozen, obese, drunken maniacs with only artashir to blame.

Why are you trying to kill us allan? why?

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)