• Chrysostom15
  • Irregular
  • 6 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 04 2014 10:29 pm

In order to help make the game better, make the game more friendly to new players, make the game more challenging for experienced players, and add realism, I suggested adding a tribute feature.

The feature would allow players to give 10% of their income each turn to another player. The player who is receiving the 10% would also gain a small amount of reputation bonus based on the size and strength of the one paying the 10%. The one gaining the 10% would need to agree to take on the other player as a servant. In order to attack eachother, one would have to break the agreement first. While the agreement stands, the player giving up 10% of income cannot join any alliance , but both would act as allies in that any armies at the same location wouldn't fight eachother, but would fight together against any attack.

This feature would give powerful players an incentive to not reset or destroy weaker ones, but rather to force them to pay tribute. The player receiving the 10% income would also get reputation points equal to 1/5 point for every planet the payer owns every day. Likewise, the player recieving the 10% of income would get an increase in troop limit by 5% of the limit of the giving player, and would also receive a bonus for infiltration of 5% of the giver's amount. The giving player would have no change to reputation, infiltration, or troop limit, but would lose 10% of income. Both players would be able to see if the other is under attack, attacked, or planned for attack, or infiltrated.

A player can both pay another 10% and pay 10% himself. Players can have a maximum of 20 other players who pay 10% of their income to them in tribute.

In the case where someone is a truely supreme system lord, that person could have 20 people paying tribute to himself, and each of those 20 people could have 20 people paying tribute to them. As a result, that supreme system lord would get a 10 percent of the income of 20 people, and then 10% of 10% (1%) of the income of 400 people. So, if all 421 players had the same income of $100, that one supreme system lord would have his income increased from 100 to $700 -- 1 seven fold increase. It would make it well worth it for players to force others to pay tribute, and even to force others to pay tribute to the players paying tribute to them.

It would be a significant boost to the strongest players -- but add a significant challenge for them.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Sep 04 2014 11:30 pm

this would be cool get some asgard RP going

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 04 2014 11:47 pm

An interesting idea that could be expanded upon.

• Edavies
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • System Lord Lodbrok
Sep 06 2014 2:03 am

I think this is a great idea. It would allow big players to develop rival empires with chains of command.

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 06 2014 2:43 am

You used to be able to do this with status, by sieging a planet. That changed when it became that you had to gain status from defeating other peoples military.