• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Sep 03 2014 11:20 pm

At the end of this i am going to link a video. This video is about 6 minutes long and well worth the watch. It was put out today, just a few hours ago.

It kinda takes the words out of my mouth on how i feel about system lords. They explain it much better then i could.

The in game market in SL is just horrible. And so much could be done to fix it. But the game is dependent on the cash made from the market. And this is the result.

Bottom line, the game is broke. And thats why i have refrained from sepending any money on it. I do not mind dropping cash on games that i support and enjoy, as long as the market is done correctly and is not tailored to the whales. This game tailors to the whales in a horrific way.

Anyways, here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U#t=351

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Sep 03 2014 11:34 pm

who you calling a whale?

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 04 2014 12:26 am

It would be good if people would post constructive ideas below. I happen to think System Lords has one of the better setups as far as f2p go, and i'll tell you why. I also think there is room for improvement without losing an in-game market. I have an idea or two but I hope some other people can think of better ones.

The good thing about the System Lords setup is that with not much spent, you can still be competitive. I haven't really spent that much, and have only been playing a couple months, and have briefly been System Lord on both servers. I'm certainly no 'whale'. A bit of advanced technology certainly helps you be more competetive, the way the trees work $10-$20 goes a long way if spent right.

I do think since the advanced tech is significant bonus, it could be a bit less expensive to max it. $100 is a bit much for a game, but for $50 you could reap most of the better rewards depending on your playing style. The fact that you can slowly build it up is nice too so in my opinion it's not a huge issue.

What I think people would really like to see is a limit on the amount of naqidah one person/alliance can buy. Nobody likes to get beat by someone because they just bought $200 in naqidah. Give less naq for the money, and put a once-a-week limit on the $20 buys. I think the starter packs should remain as is to promote people to spend at least a few bucks when they can afford it. I don't know anyone who can't squeeze out $5-10 dollars for entertainment now and then and I live in the ghetto. I still think the $5 would be better invested in 5 advanced tech in the long run. Maybe replace the tech reset with 5 advanced tech in the starter pack to promote more one-time buys. Would count on the big naq buys less then. Might as well add 5 to the $10 starter pack too. Get more small buys and help make the little guys more competetive.

Also building credits need to be a one time buy thing again on Chulak in my opinion. I'm trying to think of something that Shadowing might consider that players will feel like they can be more competitive for less. No sense in complaining about the very existence of the market. It's not going anywhere. So what ideas do people have to improve it without eliminating it completely?

Alright I think I've gone on long enough...sorry about that xD

• Binar
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hakuna Matatta
Sep 04 2014 5:04 am

All im saying is...be happy advance tech is only 100 to max now....

I am Binar