• 1701cara
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Galifrey Stands
Sep 02 2014 1:20 am

You are either reset a hero, or play long enough to see yourself become the villain. Kynel, that name once filled many players with a feeling of annoyance and anger. His Iron grip on system lords saw no bound. Whether new play or seasoned, if he saw it fit his monopoly of alliances saw your end. There was a glimmer of hope in those troubled times however.
A Wallet lord named Olek. He all but singlehandedly pushed the tyranny back to the hell from which it came. He Ripped and slashed his way through the galaxy liberating us all until The Warlords surrendered. With Kynel defeated, the game was better. Olek established a new alliance dubbed Project Eternity. This alliance was to keep the balance amongst the players, to not let anyone rise to the level that Kynel was at. To keep the tyranny locked away in the gates of hell that he bound them in. But slowly disaster stuck. Tyranny found its way out and took hold of the very hero that locked it there. This time the galaxy required drastic action. The Lord Protector Shadowing the admin likened to Odin All Father gave Olek the kick and locked Tyranny back into its labyrinth. Though the circumstances are different from the first due to harmful speak that can be likened to treason, the deed is done.

Those who have the power to defend have the responsibility to protect. This is a truth held by those of a noble heart. Who will have the power to dominate or keep a balance next? Who will rise above us all and declare I AM LORD PROTECTOR!? And better yet, will they protect? Or will they vanquish all whom they deem worthy in a fit of bloody rage? This question shall be answered by the galaxy. Will the tyrannical beast claim another hero and turn him mad? Or will this Lord Protector keep the beast chained? Will this vacuum of power be filed with more of the thing we all fight and hate?

This marks what I hope to be a new era. One not defined by the dominance of 1 sole, but by way that one soul holds the weight of the galaxy on their shoulders. Let us all build a brighter game, a game we enjoy more, a game we look forward to, the best game.

Here is to Shadowing, And Olek. May both your paths lead you to a great future. And thank you both.

With Respect,
The Doctor

The Only Doctor
  • Gdozer
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 46
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • GDozer, The Indomitable
Sep 02 2014 1:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmHuDKNI23c

• 1701cara
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Galifrey Stands
Sep 02 2014 1:47 am

Gdozer, if you get kicked reset or baned or die or anything of the like, I will write you a speach as well.

The Only Doctor
  • Gdozer
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 46
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • GDozer, The Indomitable
Sep 02 2014 1:53 am

thank you doctor.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 02 2014 2:38 am

I love your spirit Doctor.

That is an interesting perspective you shared on how The Warlords were defeated by PE. I had heard many versions, but never that one. I have spoken to Kynell, numerous ex-Warlords, numerous current and ex-PE along with other players. The more common story is:

Olek and Gdozer were jealous of The Warlords power and wanted it for themselves. From the outset they knowlingly lied to the galaxy when they positioned themselves as the galaxy's savior. Instead, they simply coveted the power for themselves. Olek was the heavier wallet where Gdozer is the "silver tongued devil" who, much like a politician, would spend endless hours talking to people convincing them of his side.

It is AWESOME to be part of the downfall of the tyranny on Abydos. If players will truly be free in this or any other game, they must be wary of false promises and not give in to temptation.

1. Don't join the winning side in this or any other game. What's the point of making the stronger side even stronger? It is 100 times more satisfying to EARN your place than to be given it. I was twice offered a place in PE, once by Olek himself. That's right, after insulting me, declaring me dead, etc. he wanted me in PE when the 25 man allies were formed. Greed for power surpasses all else for weak leaders.

2. Be VERY cautious of any promises made. Get them IN WRITING and make the public. Any NAPs or other agreements should be in the Politics section of the forums so all can see.

3. Bring the player base together and take action against those players who are dishonest. People who bash brand new players and insult other players without cause are run out of the game by a better gaming community. CHOOSE to be part of a better gaming community.

Whatever happens on Abydos, good or bad, is a direct result of the action (or inaction) of the gaming community.

Prepare that speech Doctor. Whatever it takes, Gdozer is going down. We have already seen 3 top players gone from the game in part or whole because of Gdozer's poor leadership: Olek, Zerotee, Ra8472. The only question is how many others get thrown under the bus to take him down.

It's your time. It's your game. Have fun!

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Sep 02 2014 3:08 am

ya warlords where bad me being a asgard i dont take sides much for the game to grow they had to die

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 02 2014 8:50 am

Last doctor has no idea about the warlords and PE. He tried to get that war kicked off for his own personal reasons, but never actually joined it. In fact, he's never fought anybody in this game, he always just suckers in a bunch of other alliances to do things for him.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Sep 02 2014 10:53 am

I have been a member of both PE and Warlords. Both alliances had/have good people who play the game the way they want to. The point of the game, the way I see it, is to build up your own little empire and protect it by whatever means. I do like the story Doctor and sadly I can't comment on the motives. I will say that Olek and Gdozer made great joint leaders. What people forget is those in charge of an alliance do what they can to help their members. PE has great people and it is sad to see some of them quit. I will miss Olek and those that have quit.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • 1701cara
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Galifrey Stands
Sep 02 2014 3:15 pm

Cold I need not waste my time defending myself from you false allegations. You will mearly deny my defence and make a fool of yourself.
Those who know me know how that situation played out for me and my group and their opinions are the only ones who matter to me.

Anyways, warlords did have some great people. Their teamwork
Was phenomenal. However there comes a point where you tick off too many players and they will revolt.
Eternity did the same. They have some great people in their ranks. However when you opress the players too much, revolution will happen. The same is true in the real world. It is the duty of the citizens to ensure the duties of their leaders are kept. This also happened in stargate. Ra pissed of the tauri, so the tauri kicked ra,s snake butt off of earth.
It is a shame to see 2 active and once widely respected players to fall so far from when they were on top. That being when they fought the incanation of tyrany that was warlords.
Sic sempur tyranus.
Gdozer the indomitable, you will be missed. I hope nothing but the best for you.

The Only Doctor