• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 29 2014 9:09 am

So something has been bothering me a while. Races other then Goa'uld being System Lords. I don't know why it's bothered me. I guess because I'm a fan of the show and want the game to correspond with the plot.

If you followed the show, you know the Goa'uld are scavengers of technology. Why not scavengers of heirarchy? It's often suggested that the Furlings fell to the Goa'uld, but not talked about how. Humans and even Tok'ra are not that familiar with early Goa'uld or Asgard history. Neither race share much about their past.

It occurred to me that the Goa'uld could have been briefly allied with the Furlings, Noxx, and Asgard. Of course with the Goa'uld thirst for power they would only seek to steal technology from the other races.

So the idea is that the early council of System Lords was a multi-racial council with equal parts of Noxx, Furlings, Asgard, and Goa'uld. When the Goa'uld took advantage of an opportunity and destroyed the Furlings, the council was abolished as far as the Asgard and Noxx were concerned, but the Goa'uld carried on, using the scavenged model of hierarchy.

Hope someone appreciates this lol.

• Khnum
  • Irregular
  • 24 posts
  • Reputation 18
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I
Aug 29 2014 9:19 am

In fact Furlings have never seen, and yet have to be as powerful as Nox and perhaps as the Asgard, but nothing remains of them. I had two ideas about a Furling included the idea that they were careless and had invited them to better understand the Goa'uld ending destroyed, and a second hypothesis and that they have been decimated and they are hidden in a planet maybe protected by a device for time dilation.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Aug 29 2014 12:49 pm

actually the furlings were as powerful as Asgard, as these 2 races warred against the goa'uld in its early development under united rule.

I would blame the Ancient plague for the annihilation of the majority Furlings. I infer from their benealenience that they were as less "pacificistic" than nox, but more than Asgard and Ancients. According to this, i would have expected them to help the Ancients during the plague outbreak, dooming themselves to a small colony.

I hypothesize that the Paradise "moon" colony that o'niell and what's-his-name was probably a survivor's colony (like orilla to the Asgard) and that one was destroyed by goa'uld.

You guys must really hate me....