• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Aug 18 2014 4:52 pm

It seems a lot of people are very upset right now about all of the late night changes that have drastically altered game play. While I understand why shadowing does some of these things the sudden implementation of these new changes is far too abrupt and cause havoc every time. So I have a few requests that I think are reasonable and could help to smooth over some disgruntled players in the galaxy

1) give a notice before broad sweeping changes are made.
2) perhaps the system lords council can mean more than just the top sector and status leaders. Make this a group of players that can be advised of upcoming changes and we can provide our input. I understand some people will scream and gonach about this suggestion because the evil empire Project Eternity has more members than you do. So what, go shel kree yourselves and actually do something about it, take their stations and status.
3) when major changes regarding advanced or achievement tech occurs provide a free tech reset to compensate.
4) with regards to building times, please mirror the times of the chulak server on abydos. It is a base time of 20 minutes on one and an hour on the other.
5) now that naq mines have returned please increase the building limits to at least 500. The max per individual building type can remain at 100.
6) with the increase to 20 worlds I think it would be nice for everyone to receive and building credit bonus on the old server. With building prices increasing with each new world or station, even something like a worlds worth of credits, 400 now hopefull 500 soon, would be a tremendous help.
7) many have already said it so I will just include this as a cherry on top, please provide a means of selecting the number of each type of building we wish to build. The old tech pts system would work perfectly for buildings.

Thank you let me know what you think
The Dude.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Aug 18 2014 5:06 pm

1) give a notice before broad sweeping changes are made. (already suggested, +1)
2) Disagree since the top 10 in each server are at one time money market users. To provide an equal feedback base Shadowing would need feedback from an equal number of money-users and free players alike.
3) when major changes regarding advanced or achievement tech occurs provide a free tech reset to compensate. (agreed, since changes = change in strategy)
4) with regards to building times, please mirror the times of the chulak server on abydos. It is a base time of 20 minutes on one and an hour on the other. (no, simply no. Less planets = necessary for longer building times and vice versa)
5) now that naq mines have returned please increase the building limits to at least 500. The max per individual building type can remain at 100. (agreed, since that how it was last time we had Naq mines)
6) with the increase to 20 worlds I think it would be nice for everyone to receive and building credit bonus on the old server. With building prices increasing with each new world or station, even something like a worlds worth of credits, 400 now hopefull 500 soon, would be a tremendous help. (just 100 building credits per planet is abundant)
7) many have already said it so I will just include this as a cherry on top, please provide a means of selecting the number of each type of building we wish to build. The old tech pts system would work perfectly for buildings. (suggested and will be implemented per Shadowing confirmation)

You guys must really hate me....
  • Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Aug 18 2014 5:19 pm

I'm not a money Player and I have been a system lord in each server. Getting status and stealing stations can be done by anyone regardless of money. If you suck at both maybe that's on you and not the system.
Since shadowing had made it so people need 200 buildings in both servers before taking a new world the build times need to be equal. If you want building times to remain the same then the 200 required needs to be abolished.

I said 400-500 building credits total and not per world.

Also why is it necessary as you say for longer build times when there are fewer worlds?

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Aug 18 2014 5:21 pm

The notion that just because one player makes purchases guarantees them to be a better player is not accurate. Most changes in the game effect them even more because they have invested real life money into the game. If the system lords is not the way he goes than a pool of players can be created to act as the advisory committee. Make it all players above a certain networth are randomly selected each week or month. Players cannot be chosen in back to back weeks as a way of introducing new voices Into the mix.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Aug 18 2014 5:32 pm

The Dude Abides.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 18 2014 10:22 pm

NOTE: I respond from a logical standpoint.

"If you suck at both maybe that's on you and not the system."
I don't see the necessity of this lol.... there is no need for insult in any way, shape, or form.
Just because i don't steal status or station does not guarantee i suck. There are reasons I don't. Not that I cannot, I have more important priorities atm.

At least be more open-minded to my statements, even if you don't agree.
I used money users as a population since they are a good example, not that i have anything against them personally.

If a player buys, he CAN be guaranteed a spot in System Lords Council. It does not mean they are a good player (as I never said the would be), but nonetheless it guarantees the spot. In Chulak, it has already happened. In Abydos, they rise and fall due to fleet building and wars. True not all System Lords are buyers, but a majority will always be.

"I said 400-500 building credits total and not per world."
I said 100 building credits per world because it would help counter the un-announced change of adding Naq mines back into game. 100 Building credits is more than enough to appease the masses that are disagreeable with the sudden change. Building Creds should only be given to remedy the effects of the change.
If i had 14+ world, with 400 slots (until he changes to 500), fully built then Shadowing adds Naq mines AFTER the fact, then my suggestion is fair and equal.

"Also why is it necessary as you say for longer build times when there are fewer worlds?"
Because Abydos is 20 worlds max, you make more naq/cycle- you can wait. You will have 20 planets before you know it, then it's stalemate in building again.
Chulak is 300 worlds max, less naq produce per cycle, and makes sense to speed up building times to counter the low naq production in proportion to max planets. Chulak players will NOT reach a stalemate building period for awhile.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Aug 18 2014 11:45 pm

First off the sucking at gaining status was not directed towards you. It is clear though you took it to mean that so perhaps you are unskilled when it comes to gaining status. Second, you are perhaps the only person in the galaxy that thinks being given 100 building credits could possibly make up for all of the massive changes that have occurred lately. Naq mines are back as a means to regain the huge loses in naq production that numerous players suffered. At 17 worlds right now it cost 61 naq per building. It is much higher for others that do not have the cheaper building bonus from race or personality bonuses. Those with several stations will see an even higher price. Shadowing capped the cost of a building at 98. so currently a fully built world will cost 39.2k naq. That is why only 100 credits is a very low number to satisfy people. Even if you are only at 50 naq a building it still costs 20k a world. That is more difficult now because of the sudden and drastic drop in daily naq production.

I also never spoke on the subject of people losing 25% in attack or defense bonuses. People also lost space station defensive bonuses or infiltration bonuses. That is a lot to lose all at once. That is why 100 total credits is not worth the shel kree ing effort of shadowing clicking a few keys to give it out to everyone.

As far as the money spenders being the top players is not a guarantee. There are a lot of money spending players that can easily be defeated. Just because you can buy the naq does not mean that you are smart enough to use it properly. I also mentioned that a pool of players can be generated to create an advisory council. It would consist of players of a certain networth. It is only fair to set a net requirement of lets say 75k because a lot of people have played a while to get that far and beyond. And I am sorry but a player in the game for 2 weeks that is sitting on a few worlds and under 10k does not have the right to influence change in the game. Play a while and pay your dues and you can get a chance to make the decisions.

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 18 2014 11:54 pm

If you are going to make both servers the same, then what is the point of having two servers.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Aug 18 2014 11:57 pm

I only asked for the building speeds to be the same. Currently for myself it takes 42 minutes per building to finish. so if I put 100 in a category it takes almost 3 days for a single world to finish. That is insane. If you do not have the bonuses that speed up building it takes 1 hour per building and that means over 4 days for a single world to build. With the 200 building requirement to move to a new world that is over 2 days for a new player to take a new world. So out of protection they have 2 worlds and very little to show from the protection that a new player receives. Why is it such a horrible thing to mirror the building times for both servers to some of you people?

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 19 2014 1:20 am

"Why is it such a horrible thing to mirror the building times for both servers to some of you people?"

I don't see as horrible. Just not very necessary atm with max planets at 20.
As far as new players go, they don't have much to fear if they do not piss the wrong people off. From my knowledge, not many new players do, unless done intentionally.

I have patience if it only takes a few days to completely build a planet. I don't even have building speed bonus lol. It's not my priority.
Even if I was reset I would still play from scratch.

Skill level does not affect my stance on topic.

I remain on fence towards the SL Council portion as it is being discuss elsewhere, in thread: Player Council.