• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
Jul 19 2014 6:44 pm

There needs to be heavier limitations on these methods of avoiding combat, people should be forced to wait a MINIMUM of 3 days before re-obtaining market protection/vacation mode.

• Zerotee
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I'm new!
Jul 19 2014 7:09 pm

Good Point and I agree there should be a cool off period to buying protection

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 19 2014 7:34 pm

Some recommendations for protection / vacation mode:

The concept is great but it is subject to abuse, like any ingame function. A few ways to regulate:

1. Vacation mode / protection does not take effect for 24 hours. In the majority of cases, vacations and needs for protection are planned. Sure there are emergencies but in the unlikely event of an emergency, an absence of 24 hours would not lead to significant losses for most players unless they are actively engaged in a fight with another player / ally.

2. Vacation / protection could either not apply to space stations, or not apply more than once. Space stations are a key focus of the game. Protecting the player's individual assets (e.g. their planets) is fine, but not space stations. This one change will eliminate the abuse of this feature.

3. Another possibility is apply these rules to players in the top ?50. How can you have the player listed as #1 in the game on vacation for weeks at a time?

4. During vacation mode, accounts can be suspended - no earning naq on planets, no earning any naq from player buys, etc. Also, any time-based functions are suspended so Endurance / Spy drones do not regenerate, player tags do not count down, etc.

5. Players on vacation / in protection should not be able to log into the game. They could get an "account on vacation / protected" screen. By allowing players access to chat, they influence game play. They can still call out player planet locations, talk about fleets they see and so forth affecting game play but active players cannot interact with them.

The current setup is definitely broken. Best practices from other games need to be applied here and soon.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 19 2014 8:03 pm

Oh yeah! I can name... 3 people who did that cha'tii to me this week, it's pretty annoying.

kynell, abatu, and deathknell have all attempted to use this to avoid ever being hit.. obviously kynell couldn't afford it and had to reset himself to avoid being attacked, spaceball found a new way to hide by dropping his alliance, and abatu is still hidding.

People shouldn't be able to hit you and then jump into protection, that's just ridiculous.

+1 to Vitopian for #3 !!! Good point.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Ra8472
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Kneel Before Zod!
Jul 19 2014 9:28 pm

It's simple you can only buy protection once every 20 days and vacation once every 40 days. I wish I could vacation every thirty days but it ain't happening

I hunt the hunters of hunting hunted sheep or something.
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 19 2014 11:55 pm

Well Ra, there are people who do go on vacation for 3 weeks and are willing to pay 15$$$ to keep making naq without worrying about the game. So there must be a better way to go about this, maybe shadowing could give a few vacation options; 3 days, 7 days, and 14 days?

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 19 2014 11:58 pm

Another note...

For players who do go on vacation, the server should be aware of the action. Either a time stamp of when they left / will return should be available in game or on a section of the forums. Protecting the player while legitimately on vacation is cool, but the active players have a right to know when that protection began and will be lifted.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 20 2014 5:11 am

I asked shadowing for this month's ago. Even though it will be the only thing keeping me alive from abuse in this game I agree it needs to be changed.

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Aug 03 2014 1:16 pm

This needs to be done Shadowing.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.