26horses Forum
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Jul 17 2014 3:28 pm

How do we feel about players being able to opt out of the current protection system?

Ex: Once you reach a certain networth (lets say 60 or 70) you have the option of opting out which would allow you to attack players with larger networths (beyond the 40 percent range players have now). The trade off, of course, is that now those players can also attack you.

But at least this way it could be a choice (and it's in the hands of the lower networth player, not the higher ones).

Just a thought but somethings got to give with the current protection system. Don't get me wrong, I get why it's there, but it could definitely be better.

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jul 17 2014 3:33 pm

why not just after 50-60k net protection is either dropped or changed to 80% or something cuz if you are bigger then 50k net your not a new player and don't need the i'm an idiot don't kill me protection except for the brand new players that wallet straight to 70 or 80k but they have no exp playing and die normally in a day or so anyway so that don't matter much. a protection system is needed for new low net players not players that have had time to learn what thy are doing.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Ra8472
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Kneel Before Zod!
Jul 17 2014 3:37 pm

Well.... that is kind of the reason why he put protection in place in the first place. People will get multiple accounts and feed themselves SS and other planets to double their holdings, raise there status. Then delete the smaller account. Now with pirate ships they can feed themselves ships as well. People do this now to some extent even with protection. Doing what you suggest is carte blanche for the Multi-lords.

I hunt the hunters of hunting hunted sheep or something.
  • Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jul 17 2014 6:56 pm

yeah I know ra but unless he actually finds a way to smash multi users they will always be there. personally I think he should ban both accts of multi's that get caught. I've had a few multi's banned when I found them but the main always remains. the only way I can see fixing this is instead of getting rid of protection maybe putting in the war system with alliances that remove the protection from each alliance toward the other and putting in a reward system for the winners of the wars to encourage the fighting. and to get more people less afraid to fight get a debris recycler system or something similar started. all of these will get people fighting more. more active and less afraid to war.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Jul 17 2014 8:18 pm

I agree with Ender, we can't be afraid to change the game because of a problem that won't be gone anytime soon. Eliminating protection for players who have leveled to a certain point is the best way to bring back action to the game.

And I agree with the sentiment that if you get to around 60 or 70 k network you're not a n00b anymore AND if you don't want to be opened up to attack by higher level players than a player can simply not blow up their networth past that point.

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)