• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jul 14 2014 6:23 am

shadowing maybe something you can add into the game later is after battle a % of all units lost or something is left on the planet or in-orbit as debris that either a new unit or say a MS can recover over time to make Naq. this would def increase how often people attack seeing as they can if prepared enough not take as huge losses. any others add ons to this idea would be helpful.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 14 2014 6:28 am

Love the idea. It is straight from ogame.

Overall, System Lords is it's own unique game; however, I suggest taking a close look at ogame and maybe taking a couple ideas which have been very successful there.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Pepperytie303
  • Irregular
  • 7 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 14 2014 5:57 pm

Nice idea this should give way more battles in the game!

Certanly if shadowing is going to delete Alliances...

+1 For You!

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 14 2014 6:05 pm

I like the idea of adding in the graphic for destroy ships. The stars are pretty small though on the map.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Pepperytie303
  • Irregular
  • 7 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 14 2014 7:39 pm

Yeah but we should be able to salvage them, it's that salvage that makes everything interesting you can leave out the salvage tech but be able to salvage it with MS's or keep the tech but the tech boosts the amount of NQ you get back/per sec! It shouldn't be immediat but like a couple of min like 2 min or 3 min.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jul 15 2014 3:46 pm

I was actually thinking that it's not per second but like each MS picks up 10 Naq per cycle while it's in the debris field up to like 1k then it has to be at one of your owned planets or stations to drop it off. that way if it's a huge DF then you can't take it all in a short amount of time no matter how many MS you have so you have to protect it and for added flair your allies that reinforce can poach it so, wait no to much head ache for alliance leaders on all that in house fighting.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Jul 15 2014 11:03 pm

Perhaps the Debris should be 10% of the total Naq worth of the combined total fleet destroyed. That was it wouldn't be too fast for larger players to gain upperhand.

ship collect 10 Naq per cycle sounds like a good idea too.
probably goes directly into depository?

as for picture of Debri field/destroyed ship probably just do the same thing as the War satellite picture the temporarily stay if debri(s) is present.

You guys must really hate me....
  • Pepperytie303
  • Irregular
  • 7 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 16 2014 1:54 pm

10 NQ per cycle is a bit low no? if you have 50 MS then you gather 500 NQ per cycle wich is not many you should upp it to 100/cycle per MS

and with tech you should be able to upp it to 300 or something like that.

10% is then again low that you can recover upp it to 50%?

That would be pretty fair no?

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 16 2014 2:04 pm

Recycling debris fields should be something that adds an extra dimension of skill to the game, not free naq for all.

One possibility is you can add "recycling ships" whose primary purpose is to recycle these debris fields. Those ships can be much slower than regular ships which would require advanced planning before attacks. Players would need to send the recycling ships well ahead of the attack fleet. They would also have to time it well or they risk losing the debris field to others in the same sector as the battle.

Protecting the recyclers would add another dimension to the game. Players would need to build them and leave them on various planets. They would be too slow to move with the fleet otherwise.

I hunt the sheep of war...