• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 07 2014 3:47 pm

So Tech is something you build toward. I was thinking that you bring back labs. Make them like homes but instead of slaves they give research points. Like X/hour. Each tech point takes so much research to get to the next point. Now people can steal that research and add it to their own in infiltration missions as well. Efficiency boosts research too like slaves would.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jul 08 2014 2:47 am

I like this idea, but make it that the tech lab is on 1 planet only.

The lab makes points, but requires slaves/naq as payment to increase efficiency.

So, basic is like 1 point per 2hrs. Increasing efficiency will increase production. Done by using slaves/naq

When you get to 500 tech points, the tech stops. You need then to pay more naq/slaves (50K slaves/250k naq) to increase raise tech level.

This then will start to build 1 point per 2hrs, again using slaves/naq to increase efficiency. Get another 500 points (1000 tech in total) and you need to increase tech level again (100K slaves/500k Naq)

Using slaves is a great way to stop wallet lords, as you will need to build homes to start producing slaves.

Asgards get a better efficiency increase due to homes penalty.

A scientist personality will decrease the cost, so an asgard sceintist will make good with tech.

Or have a tech tree and each race will have a different tech tree.

So, you have a tech lab like above but you use points to research tech 9gained from tech labs above).

Asgards - Cloning tech - Level 1 gives the homes a boost. etc

So you can maybe have Enriched purification naquada = Level 1, giving goauld MS a boost in speed. etc

You can have a tech tree for ships, troops, naq , slaves, obs etc.

I am sure we can all come up with a good tech tree for each race.

Just some thoughts, so in the end, if you attack an asgard, you may attack an asgard with a weak ship and another may have a kick arse one.

A game called stargate universe use tech trees in building adds on, which I think make the game more interesting, especially as getting up to higher tech will give unique tech.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jul 08 2014 3:37 am

this idea I actually like makes people actually try and think on what they are doing

Worship the TACO or face it