• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jun 20 2014 1:38 am

I haven't played System Lords long but it has a lot of potential. I envision the game growing to many servers and being very successful. Obviously, there are a lot of game adjustments in progress. To that end, I strongly suggest changing the Market options. They are far too overpowering. They directly influence combat results.

System Lords is clearly a solid game in its own right, but to share my point, I need to reference another game with strong similarities: ogame. In ogame, you can gain SUBTLE advantages with money. There are 5 "officers" available, each of which offer advantages that can translate very well for System Lords.

1. Commander. This officer provides an improved interface. You can store mail messages, queue building instructions (this is automatically done in System Lords but it could be changed), provides improved galaxy view and no ads. Seems to be a solid fit for System Lords.

2. Engineer. Increases rebuild after battles and provides 10% boost to energy. The System Lord equivalent would be some form of Fortress boost for the rebuild. There is not an equivalent for energy but perhaps Tech or faster recharging. Note, rebuilding benefits after a battle is clearly an advantage, but it does not impact the initial battle itself. Sure it can have an impact down the line because the faster you rebuild, the faster you can make the next attack, but the advantage is much more subtle.

3. Geologist. +10% to resource mining. +10% Naq production would be the equivalent in System Lords.

4. Technocrat. +2 espionage level for probes, 25% less research time. The System Lords equivalent would be increased agent / spying ability and 25% less build time. As a note, it seems ships are built instantly. Perhaps that should change?

5. Fleet Admiral. +2 fleet slots. In ogame, every trade mission, attack mission, etc takes up a fleet slot. There is not presently a System Lord equivalent but either the game could be modified to include fleet slots or a different benefit can be offered.

Please understand I am not suggesting the other game is in any way better than System Lords. I wish to merely suggest the current Market allows players to very quickly acquire a huge dominance in the game. These games are based on a core of dedicated players who, while perhaps unhappy with various game rules / bugs / players, feel the game is fair overall. When players become dominant due to their wallets instead of gaming skills, the player base collapses and a great game could die.

I hope this feedback is well received.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 20 2014 1:43 am

I just spent $5,000 in advertising. Those naqahdah buys is the only thing keeping the game going. Also keep in mind I need system lords not to just make enough money to bring players here but to do more with System Lords as a whole.
95% of the games income comes from the large unlimited buys.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 20 2014 2:25 am

Dude of the last 20 forum posts, you have made 12 of them. Not against people giving their 2 cents but how about you play the game awhile before you try and say this and that needs to change.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 20 2014 3:46 am

lol, demo, you know what's funny? This is exactly what progeekzy did, and you ended up hatting him... LOL demo vs everyone?

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 20 2014 3:53 am

And vtopian, walletlording isn't really that bad, especially now with protection. I've never spent a cent on this game, though I would like to just because I like shadowing and want to help him out, and I've ever complained. Thee only downside to not spending is that you can have some guy fully suicide his fleet into you, losing but still wiping out your fleet, and then you're stuck at 10k networth and he just wallet lords back up to 60k. other than that it's not to bad, the new production increases make it even easier to catch up to them.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 20 2014 4:14 am

With military units costing slaves soon that should help some more as well

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it