• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jun 19 2014 12:44 pm

Noob protection is lifted for me today. Some questions about the first battles.

1. Using Jaffa on attacks. How does that work? If I launch an attack from Planet A to Planet B, to I include 1k Jaffa and the presumption is the ship lands, drops off the Jaffa and the battle ensues? Or are Jaffa only used on attacks through the gate?

2. Attacks through the gate. Is there a way to coordinate an attack? If you send your ships to attack a world with a gate, can you have your Jaffa go through the gate at the same moment your fleet arrives?

3. Coordinated attacks. Can you send ships from two different worlds and have them land on the attacked planet at the same time? What about coordinating with allies where you work together to attack an opponent?

4. Agents. What is the basic strategy here? If you launch an attack you send your agents to do some damage prior to the attack force reaching the planet?

Not looking for secret plans here but rather an understanding of the basics.

Thanks!

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Commanderloch
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • CommanderLoch duhh
Jun 19 2014 12:49 pm

1) Just Assume the jaffa land and attack all at once.

2)The only way to Coordinate an attack is to match the arrival times of both parties.

3)See 2 for answer

4)Agents help in hindering the enemies naquadah piles (destroying, stealing). They help survey the enemy planet for the number of buildings, turrets and army. and help in other things as which are listed in the infiltration menu.

• Commanderloch
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • CommanderLoch duhh
Jun 19 2014 12:51 pm

Also, matching an attack is difficult. So the only basic way is to send from one planet at a time. Reinforcing your armies together and attacking altogether.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 19 2014 6:18 pm

Don't use jaffa to attack, that's how the cowards do it.

obviously you can coordinate attacks to land on 5 enemy worlds at once, but if you send attacks from two different planets to attack one planet they will hit one at a time and it's just not worth it; we had someone try that on one of our guys yesterday and they lost over 130k networth because of it.

i'll tell you how to attack and stuff, but if you want to send agent missions first to destroy space mines or something you have to figure that out for yourself, or else it would be no fun. You can do agent missions to cause damage before a fleet hits, or jaffa bombs to cause damage (though that is pathetic), you can do whatever you want.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!