• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jun 16 2014 3:17 pm

I have my first satellite. Apparently, I am unable to place it while until the first 5 day protection.

When I can place it, what type of strategy is involved? Should I place it as close as possible to my existing planets? Or far away?

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 16 2014 3:19 pm

You can only place a war satellite on one of your already owned planets; however, I think you mean to say space station, in which case, don't bother. if you build a station it will be taken over by someone bigger as soon as you hit ten K. If you are talkinga bout a war satellite, just don't put it on a gated planet.

space stations can only be placed in sectors that don't already have them and that is only about 3% of the galaxy. The whole point in them is to have constant war and people taking over other peoples stations all the time. Don't bother building one that you can't defend.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 16 2014 3:25 pm

You are correct, I meant Space Stations.

Well, I already paid for it and don't see a way to undo it.

What is involved with defending it? Having nearby planets with lots of ships?

When I do hit 10k, can anyone attack? Or only those within 40% of my current rating? Any tips for defense?

I found an open sector where I can place the station next to one of my planets. I'd like to understand the advantages of having the space station.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 16 2014 4:25 pm

I suggest you message shadwoing and ask him to undo the payment for the station, I'm sure he'll help you out.

like I told you before; space stations give you achievement tech which is good, but they're hard to defend unless you have a nice sized fleet. I won't give away any attacking strategies or anything like that, but 15 gliders per MS is always a good start.

no, 10k was just a random number I came up with. Protection is always at 40% you networth.

Just go to the tech tab in-game and look at achievement tech, see what it all does. I would recommend the efficiency one, but I would also recommend not getting a station at all. Just have shadowing refund you the money you put into it and build up your fleet, once you get around 30k net or so, and have learned how to attack, you can start taking other peoples stations.

Message @dropbear and ask him to put you in his new alliance, it's gonna be the next big thing!

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 16 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks again for the excellent advice.

I'll reach out to dropbear and request an invite. I am not sure if I'll fit in any given alliance as I have my own playstyle, but I am happy to give it a shot.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Jul 15 2014 5:10 pm

when you place space station i would put it where you are strongest and capable of regaining the station if you were to lose it in an attack.

For example, i placed my station so at least 2 of my planets are adjacent to it.
those planets are harboring my fleets so i can counterattack.

my plan is successful as i have lost and regained my station twice, i think, with this strategy.

You guys must really hate me....