• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jun 16 2014 5:19 am

New players are offered 5 days of protection. How should we prepare for that protection period ending? More specifically, how should we initially have each world defended so we can go to sleep and wake up to find our world's intact?

1. If the world has a stargate, how much Building improvements should be made to start?

2. How much Guard Posts, Turrets and Mines should each planet have?

3. If someone attacks your planet and you lose, what do they get? The planet and everything on it?

4. Does your home world have any extra significance? If you lose your home planet, is it any different than losing any other planet?

5. Why use the depository? Is the idea to put your Naq in it before going AFK so it is protected?

I appreciate ideas from the veterans.

Thanks!

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 16 2014 5:23 am

I wouldn't worry too much about coming out of protection, you most likely won't be attacked for a while and even if you do, the attacker won't be much bigger than you networth wise.

1. don't bother with gated planets, just build up 70 turrets and 50 gate defence.. something like that.

2. 50 guardposts on 9 planets and 100 on your main.

3. if someone attacks you and wins they siege your planet, if they chose to they can take it over.

4. homeworlds are just like anyother world, you just build them different. I recommend 0 naq mines, 100 guard posts, 100 tech labs, NO GATE, 50 turrets, 50 slave camps, and 100 space mines; something like that.
5. you can store your naq in the depo if you are saving up for a flag ship or an advanced building, that way you don't have to worry at all about it being stolen or anything like that.

sorry, I had to fire through this to get back to arguing with ghostnapa, you can whisper me if you have any questions, /w kelac

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!