• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Jun 17 2014 10:57 am

lol ever one read the back story to the asgard....they where sent from a different GALAXY......yes they have the best tech

from stargate lore

*the Asgard possessed a level of technology vastly superior to that of Goa'uld and many other races throughout the universe. The only races with a comparable level of technology were the Alterans*

* They began exploring outside their galaxy around 28,000 BC. At some point, the Asgard began a program of cloning their people and transferring their minds into these bodies as a means of vastly extending their lifespans.*

*10,000 Years Ago
The Asgard made peaceful contact with the Ancients, the Furlings, and the Nox. They also came into conflict with the Goa'uld. Liberating several groups of Humans from Goa'uld worlds, the Asgard declared themselves their protectors until their cultures had sufficiently evolved, and threatened the Goa'uld with violent retaliation if they attempted to re-enslave the Humans.*

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jun 17 2014 9:25 pm

This is not the SG series. The asgards arrived with limited resources, limited numbers and thousands of years behind there Ida cousins.

Furlings received a little help from the ancients before the plague made the ancients leave and with the Furlings immune to the plague, left them alone in the galaxy as most life was killed off by the plague. Tech stood still for the furlings as they were more interested in this ascension stuff the ancients had been talking about and is within there spiritual beliefs.

HOWEVER, Before the great plague in Milky Way, a great plague swept the IDA Galaxy, making many asgards sterile. Therefore, they decided to send a small group off to the Pegasus system just in case they could not stop the plague but the ship malfunctioned and moved into the Milky Way.

Therefore, the Milky way asgard have lost thousands of years on there IDA cousins, and only bring information from what the asgard had at the time some 30K years earlier.

Therefore the Milky way asgard are strong, but still do not match the furlings but are more advance than the goauld, but only slightly.

The asgards have been around 100K years or so, makes sense that 30K plus years ago, the asgards were not super advance in tech as there culture is not to making weapons for mass destruction, and are aimed more for defensive nature.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 07 2014 10:07 pm

A few quick thoughts on Race:

1. I am hoping this downtime involves allowing players to reset their race. We should be able to choose.

2. Will there be a way for players to change race ever? Or is this a one-time, permanent decision? I know the RP idea of a race is forever, but since multis are not allowed it would be fun for players to explore various aspects of the game.

3. With respect to balance, I suggest monitoring player choices. If the galaxy balance is 25/25/25/25 among the 4 races, all is well. Clearly, there will be some variability, let's such a range from 15 - 35% for each race; however, if we see any race with 40%+ population, it is likely over powered and could use a nerf. Likewise, if any race is under 10%, it is likely under powered and can use a boost.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 07 2014 10:49 pm

Some additional feedback / ideas

Goa'uld

+20% Infiltration strength
+10% salvage and obviation
+1% spydrone recovery
Ships are 20% slower
+30% building speed

<b>Goa'uld seem to need a minor boost. They took slaves from planets and turned them into Jaffa. That would be a great addition here, and not makes only a minor difference in terms of game balance. Winning attacks on planets convert x% of slaves into Jaffa. Also, Goa'ulds are known for capturing enemy motherships and converting them as well. Perhaps a 10% chance to convert an enemy ms during a successful attack? Asgard would be immune, perhaps Furlings too</b>

Furling

15% armor/sheilds
10% planet efficiency
+15% naqahdah production
-30% spy drone defense
-30% infiltration strength

<b>Very clearly the merchant / defender's choice. This race is for the player who wishes to be left alone. More naq product, more defense, more efficiency. </b>

Onac

+15% weapons
25% chance to spread the plague on successful attacks
Immune to the plague
Gate threader can travel through the stargate
-25% Stealth
-15% turrets

<b>We need to know the duration of the plague effects and how / whether it can be cured. Without that knowledge, it is difficult to choose any race. Onac's could be completely overpowered or weak based on the duration & ability to remove that one skill. </b>

Asgard

Space fighter can travel through hyper space
+30% ship speed
Can travel between planets and stations you own 30% faster
+20% fleet detection
Homes produce population 50% slower
-30% space mines effectiveness

<b>Space fighter can travel through hyper space. Does that have any value at all? Traveling through the gate has value, but there are very limited uses for sending fighters without their mother ships.

Does the +30% ship speed and +30% boost for planets/stations you own stack?

Asgard weapons / shields were considered very superior. That aside, their stealth abilities were great too. They had invisibility tech and could transport people off a planet....infiltration should be considered.

Speed is important but this glorious race seems quite underpowered. Expect an e-mail from Hamiler on behalf of the Asgard High Council. </b>

PS. A simple forum text editor or list of codes to make text bold, change color, etc. would be helpful

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 08 2014 12:51 am

I made this forum in 2 weeks flat from scratch. I'm not actually finish with it yet. I do plan to take some time off to finish it though. Probably a month from now.

Ya I will monitor the percentage of what races people choose.
The Asgard fighter. Idk might be more for role play atm.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Lordzues81
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 08 2014 5:44 am

Furling

15% armor/sheilds
10% planet efficiency
+15% naqahdah production
-30% spy drone defense
-30% infiltration strength

only thing i would change is spy drone defense and infiltration strength i would put them down to -25% because i think -30% is a little high

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Jul 19 2014 2:36 pm

So has any means to get rid of the plague, short of a reset, been fleshed out yet?

<< Previous 1 [2]