• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jun 02 2014 2:00 am

Hey just a thought, but I keep hear people saying that the bombers should be allowed to destroy buildings on planets that they have seiged. ok this may be a good troll move but not really tactical due to the low attack to cost they have compared to other units. I suggest this idea I've come up with after talking to a good number of players and it can wait till after races and such as well no rush. but what about giving bombers the option of something like their own agent type mission that doesn't use END. make it a option like the gate on the attack where you can only send the bombers when it's selected and instead of a full on attack they do like a high orbit high speed bombing run that kills a number of buildings per bomber sent but the bombers take a amount of damage based on overall turret and sat def at a much lower % so you can still lose bombers to it but it's a strategic move. maybe add MS and such to the def to if it's OP. but like say planet has 100 turrets and no tech and a guys sends 2 bombers. he kills 20 buildings and at the reduced turrets takes say 20k dam to the bombers either on one or spread out on both. makes them useful and a battle tactic. and since most likely they don't get as close to the planet take like 20-30% off space mine time on that option. Shadowing if you could comment on what you think it would help and anyone else with modifications to this speak up to. trying to keep it more realistic and not OP.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 02 2014 2:10 am

I was going to bring something in called bombing runs. For bombers
Bombers can be launch from player owned planets bomb a planet then auto return home.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jun 02 2014 2:12 am

well you have to give it some downsides to like a loss of health or something more annoying like fuel cuz end shouldn't be used by that. otherwise if you don't it will be OP and overused.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
Jun 02 2014 2:22 am

I'm not sure I would take advice from a guy that has a seriously messed up profile picture for this forum. Ender if that is you in drag I will dissolve any friendship I have with you.

Oh but I do like the idea. +.5 on account of that picture.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Jun 02 2014 2:23 am

no styx but I actually know that guy. he's sailor bubba and I met him at the old A-CEN cons I went to.

• Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Jun 07 2014 11:48 pm

bombing runs sound like a good idea for making a useless unit worth buying :)