• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
May 21 2014 2:40 pm

I think the recent change to status is a good one that makes a lot more sense than the way it used to be. *thumbs up* for Shadowing.

I think it would also make sense to gain status when you actually take over a planet or space station as well. Shouldn't we gain status from any military victory and conquest?

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
May 21 2014 2:41 pm

yah I thought about it.
Trying to think about cheating with it though.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
May 21 2014 2:42 pm

It says if you defeat a large enough force you will gain status. What constitutes a large enough force to ensure you will get status?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
May 21 2014 2:46 pm

100k of raw forces

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
May 21 2014 3:00 pm

100k forces is way to much to ask for from new players. If they don't wallet up to build really quickly it could take a new player forever to get above the dreadful 500 level. Maybe if you stagger it for each level. Maybe 5k for derision, 10k for dreadful, 20k for goauld, and so forth. Keep increasing it for every level you climb. That way it makes it an obtainable goal for new players and those of us who do not spend money.

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 21 2014 3:29 pm

Hellhound, 100k is a mothership or equivalent thereof. With all the changes to Naq production recently, even someone at dreadful status just starting out shouldn't have too much trouble getting that kind of military force built.

Shadowing, how about if a there were a limit to the status a given planet or station could award in a certain time frame so people couldn't trade with sister alliances to up status.

• Hellhound1384
  • Irregular
  • 70 posts
  • Reputation 33
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I am the Dude
May 21 2014 3:51 pm

If the 100k is referring to the amount of forces that would equal 100k in naquadah that is more than one ms. Also some starting our very fresh would take a long time to get their production up to speed that they can take down a force of that size let alone be able to hold the planet for any length of time. Not to mention the loses they will suffer trying to take that planet.

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 21 2014 3:54 pm

Sorry, I thought he meant 100k attack strength. Care to correct us Shadowing?

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
May 21 2014 4:06 pm

Well i also dont think someone just starting out should be focused on status. Status should be something you aim to gain further on in the game, not in the first few days.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 21 2014 4:09 pm

Excellent point. +1

• Chaldean
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 21 2014 5:19 pm

Now does this accumulate. Say if I kill some of Bobs forces, and then some of mikes will they be added together?

Mother of Magic