• Kdock13
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 19 2014 12:56 pm

What are people's take on the new protection system?

Personally I think there is a glaring issue in that it makes alliances kind of pointless. Sure you can reinforce people to help defend them, but that's not very helpful in the terms of a war where a much better defense is if your allies can siege enemy planets, take enemy planets, and hunt enemy fleet on their own planets. People can also hide their fleets by reinforcing a protected low net player. The point of an alliances is mutual defense, and part of that defense is hitting people who hit the members. I feel like to make it totally fair when people flag eachother for a week by engaging, they should also flag their alliances.

I can see an issue with that where big guys would use little members to flag so that they can pummel people (kind of defeats the point of the protection system, right?) So, I suppose I'm suggesting that the people who engage are flagged to each other for a week, and everyone in that person's alliance should be able to attack that other person. So, it isn't immediately and alliance v alliance, it's still 1 v 1 but now the alliances can engage those individuals in order to help out.

What do you guys think?

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
May 20 2014 11:01 am

Yah Its a pretty large issue. I think im going got solve the problem with enabling the Alliance war system back. When alliances go to war it will ignore all protections

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it