• Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 07 2024 10:48 am

Hi Shadowing,

The way battle calculator works is covered by the misteriuous BC form returning the judgments. I'm trying to get my head around that based on some simple facts from the guides:

I) INFO IN THE GUIDES (A-D):

A) battle step 1 - Attack (calculating chances of winning the battle):
- race modifiers gives you between -60% and +60% to attack
- Physics gives you +1% per level
- if you got Physics 6 lvls higher than opponent - add +25%
- I also found some rule that if you got more than 5 ships of a kind than opponent you got bonus for this partial battle, but not sure where I found it , it’s probably removed

B) battle step 2 - Defense (calculating how much fleets preserved)
- defence is calculate only when you win the battle
- race modifiers gives you between -16% and +16% to survival
- Maths gives you +1% per level
- if you got Math 6 lvls higher than opponent - add +25%

C) ships - ships kill points are distributed to attack and defense points:
- Destroyers have 2:1 attack to defence points ratio
- Crusiers have 1:2 attack to defence points ratio
- Battleships and Flagships 3:2 attack to defence points ratio
- what about Star Bases? AFAIR from old AW it was 1:2

D) player level - your player level adds 1% to Attack and Defence per level

II) MY ASSUMPTIONS AFTER READING GUIDES:

ASSUMPTION 1:
All Attack percentages are the same regardless of race, science or player level. They just sum up, eg:
= [+2 Attack mod;12 Physics lvl;2 player level]
= [0 Attack mod;17 Physics lvl;27 player level]
= 44% 

-> IT WORKS FINE! 100DS vs 100DS gave me 50% - CORRECT!

Attack Conclusion : Attack works exactly as I’d imagin giving 50% chances if fleet is the same and sum of opponents % is the same.

ASSUMPTION 2: all Defence percentages are the same regardless of race, science or player level.
They just sum up, eg:

= [-3 Defense mod;20 Maths lvl;23 player level]
= [+3 Def mod + 18 Maths lvl + 1 player level]
= 31% 

-> WRONG. 100DS vs 100DS doesn’t give me same losses in case of winning. 

-> MOREOVER LOOSER’S DEFENCE RACE MODIFIER HIGHLY CHANGES WINNERS LOSSES AMOUNT. How does it work?

Defence Conclusion : Seems Like Defence mods are sth different than other mods, much more meaningful. So you cannot sum % like in Attack - but cannot be sure why results are so much different….

ASSUMPTION 3: army of the same value preserves more ships depending on defence points of the army:
- eg 3200DS attacking SB14 should have much more losses than 400 Cruisiers attacking SB14 (ALL OTHER STATS ON ZERO)

=>
I WAS WRONG, BECAUSE:
- 3200DS vs SB14 => 4188 Kill points lost
- 400CR vs SB14 => 8376 Kill points lost 

Conclusion: MAYBE BS CALCULATE’s HOW MUCH Fleets are PRESERVEd BASED ON ATTACK POINTS INSTEAD OF DEFENSE POINTS? Seems like a bug to me...

ASSUMPTION 4: army of the same value preserves more ships depending on defence points of the ship
- army with more Attack points ratio should have better chance of winning when the armies are the same cost
=> I WAS WRONG, BECAUSE:
- 3200DS vs 400CR gives 50% chance of winning even though first army has got 6400 Attack points and second only 3200 Attack points
- same with 3200DS vs 160BS

Conclusion: MAYBE YOU CALCULATE CHANCES BASED ON ATTACK+DEFENCE POINTS INSTEAD OF ATTACK POINTS ONLY? Seems like another bug to me...

ASSUMPTION 5: You got bigger (+25%) chances to win when your Physics lvl 6+ lvls higher:
- from assumption 1 (+2 Attack mod + 12 Physics lvl + 2 player level) = (0 Attack mod + 17+1 Physics lvl + 27-1 player level) = 44% => UNFORTUNATELY THE FIGHT IS STILL 50:50.

Conclusion: Seems like +6 Physics and +6 Maths advantages are not being applied. Either remove it from guides or add this functionality. Right now there is not much sense of pushin Physics / Maths above 15 lvl to be honest.

Hope that helps you to see my (and probably others) questions especially about how defence works. You probably won't find many Crusiers in the game, lol...

Let me know your thoughs , maybe you can clarify my logic in terms of defence.

Thank you!

Slimshadies