• Deepfury
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Furfur
Jun 24 2024 3:32 pm

What's up everyone! I'm going to talk about the things I've learned so far that are not currently well explained in the guide but are fundamental to the game. I am still very new to this version of the game, but knowledge is power, and I want to arm as many players as possible to give them the best chance to become competent players.

An important part of expediting your cash flow in the early stages is getting enough kill points to level up a couple of times. The reason is that leveling up will earn you Supply Units.

Supply Units can be converted into Astro Dollars. The current conversion is about 62k. Those 62 thousand Astro Dollars can then be converted into Production Points on your home planet, giving you 62k worth of upgrades or fleet.

Those who can accomplish this as fast as possible will gain exponential leads as they benefit from early growth over time.

Veteran players with friends in the game can help this happen even faster by sending each other ships to die on purpose, feeding that player XP to gain Supply Units for upgrading.

This is part of the diplomacy of making nice with your neighbors so you can mutually gain benefits.

You can get way more Production Points farming Supply Units than by taking a neighboring base and bombarding it once in the early game.

So the step-by-step process is simply this:

Level up through combat and earn a Supply Unit
Click on the Ribbon icon in the top right of the screen and click on Bonuses.
Click on Manage next to Supply Units.
Sell the Supply Unit for 61,584 Astro Dollars.
Click on your home planet, you can only filter all the funds here.
Click Manage in the statistics screen.
Use the conversion to turn the 61,584 Astro Dollars into Production Points.
Go on a spending spree.

• Deepfury
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Furfur
Jul 08 2024 2:19 am

How to go from Lvl 1 to level 8 feeding destroyers to a new player.
As I write this a supply unit is worth 62,510.

To go from level zero to level 8 you need 1,377 in kill points.
Divide that by 3 for how many destroyers that equals. 459

The quick math i've done I build starbases up to level 8 and have the ally send them 20 at a time to die losing the battle into the level 8 base.

459 destroyers 20 at a time is 23 transactions of buying up to a level 8 starbase and the ally sending in 20 destroyers to lose the battle.
This feeds the starbase builder the kill points leveling them up.

Level 8 starbase cost 2952 to build.
It drops to a level 3 after each attack and needs 2664 to rebuild to 8.

23 transactions is 2952 for the first lvl 8 + 2664 x 22 for the fixes = 61,560 in starbase cost.

8 supply units earned is worth 500,080 minus starbase cost of 61,560
= net 438,520

438,520 divided by 360 per destroyer gives 1,218 destroyers at the end of the day.

You can setup this exchange up nearly immediately with a player that has the 459 destroyers to feed.

This could allow a farmer build to team up with a warrior build.
+4 speed, +4 attack +2-4 defense. In exchange for the protection ready to offer trade agreements plus the kill feed.

The 460 destroyers from a farmer converted to the 1200 to the warrior build is going to be vastly more effective than what those 460 would do for them personally in combat.

Quick guide post on how to collude rapid growth.

Feeding destroyers to lose a fight against low level starbases appears the fastest and most economical solution.

Also shows how quickly with coordination you can advance your start.

• Deepfury
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Furfur
Jul 11 2024 3:01 am

Through further testing. It seems the most economical to only speed level to level 7.

Additionally, what seems to be the cheapest route is to build a level 7 base to crash the 20 destroyers into, but have a significant number of fleet there to make sure the math always gives the defender 100% win rate. That way you only lose starbase but no fleet, but guarantee the win.

• Deepfury
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Furfur
Jul 22 2024 4:45 pm

This article is now just a look to the past.

Starbases now have more defense value.

Supply units are now nerfed in payout.

You can No longer reset after 3 days of play.
So you can't restart and boost back into power.

These changes have been good for the game.